My Life My Love

LITTLE WHISPERS

Matthew 14: 1-13

after hearing about Jesus Herod thought that he was John the baptist raised from the dead. Herod then arrested John because his wife told him to. Herod however decided againt killing Jonh because he feard riots from the people. during a birthday party herod was pleased with a lovely girl and promised her anything she desired. she asked for Jonhs head on a platter, he didnt want to kill Jonh but did for this girl.

Herod seemed to be easily ifnfluenced by everyone around him. he arrested john because his wife wanted him to. he wouldnt kill John because the people didnt wan him too. he then turned around and killed john because a pretty girl at a party wanted him too.

life to day sometimes seemes like that. some one says onething someone else says another. we want to please everyone, whether it be in school, or on a team or club, or maybe just our family. we want to make them happy so we do things we may not want to do. sometimes the pressure to fit in is hard and we see so many different opinions of whats right and whats wrong. so many little voices telling us what we should be doing and how not to get caught doing what we shouldnt be doing.

one of my favorite bands thousand foot krutch saidd, 'if you dont stand for something you may fall for everything.' i believe that to be one hundred percent true. all these little whispers and voices telling us what is righ seem so convincing. its confusing trying to decipher what the truth is. but the truth is written out for us in a little black book. the bible. it is full of what is and isnt true and what to stand for. 

i know people think the bible is full of do's and dont, rules and regulations but its not. its full of storys of men and women who knew exactly what God believed in and stood strong for that. they knew that God loved them so much that they honored what he wished for. they didnt look at it as oh i cant do that or this, they looked at it like i love God to much to do what he thinks is bad. God gives us that choice and i love that. like knowing that your best friend hates broccoli so you dont make anything with broccoli in it, because you respect their wishes.

'if you dont stand for something you might fall for anything,' so i leave you with this, what are you standing fdor today. what little whispers are you followng today, and are they the right ones?