Chapter 1.

"The dress will look great trust me." Allison says. I nod my head. I guess I don't have a choice. If I don't try it on she will probably knock me out and dress me herself. I walk over to the  mirror and close the curtain to which she rolls her eyes. Me and Allison are extremely close. She is basically my sister. I mean she used to have a key to my house when I still lived with my parents. As soon as I  turned eighteen though I bolted. Allison and me travelled around for a while and than decided that the small town Drecco of Mississippi would be perfect. So here I am. Trying on a dress at the small shop at the town square. Allison tells me to hurry up while I  zip the dress. I look at the mirror. The dress is  actually really pretty. It stops right above my knees. The blue material falls softly around my curves. I smile. I quickly glance at my shoulder and sigh. Great. A bruise goes over my shoulder and when I tap it I still want to cry. Too much fighting... right? I take off the dress and slide my white shirt on. 

                Allison looks hopeful as I walk away until I shake my head. "Really Nash? This is the fiftieth dress today. I shrug my shoulder which hurts. I smile though and nod my  head. I cant let Allison see me down. I cant let anyone see me down. I am a fighter.

           Once I get home I sit down with a mug of coffee and drink slowly. I read my favorite book once again and wait for my boyfriend to get home. He usually spends the day out doing whatever. I'm not really sure where he is. From  the lack of food and the shack I stay at its apparent he doesn't work. Allison asks me why I'm still here. She says I could do much better than the 21 year old I'm living with. I finish my coffee and hear the door slam. "Nashley!" I hear his drunk voice call.

       I met Danny two years ago at a bar about two miles from here. He was a nice guy and I think when I met him is the only time he was sober which is ironic since we were at a bar. After that I started to fall for him and we soon moved here together. After that he never was home sober or even home often. I turned my head to greet the unshaven creature barreling down the hallway. "Hello Danny." I say to him. He grimaces and I pour him a mug of coffee. He takes it and smells it while he slowly sits down. He drinks some  of the coffee. I sit down across from him.

     "So where were you?" I ask him. He watches me and than grumbles.

     "None of your business." I hear him say. I sigh and set my mug down.

     "Actually as  your girlfriend Danny I believe I should know." I say coldly. He watches me again with a deadly stair and than throws the mug at the ground where it smashes. I watch the mug fall  and shatter.

     "Shut up bitch." He tells me. I shoot daggers at him. He walks across the table until hes staring right at me. I tried this time. I tried to stand my ground. Somehow though I know I wont win. His fist meets my face and I fall down. I watch the blood from my nose drop to the tile. I try not to cry while he cusses at me. "Lazy slut." He says. I try to stand only to get punched again. His punches aren't strong. If I tried I could beat him. For some reason I cant though. I can fight strangers... Not the person I love though. I don't know  why I love him. All I know is that every time hes here it ends with me bleeding and him leaving again. Does he ever feel sorry. I'm  sure he does. Maybe he doesn't know what hes doing. Maybe he still loves me. Maybe he actually loved  me once. My tear falls down to the tile alongside my blood. I stand and decide to go where I havnt gone for a while. I drive to the gym at the end of the shops. I walk over to the counter. The gym  owner Josh see's me and has to blink a few times before he smiles.

    "Nashley! Its been a while!" He says. I missed his voice. Josh is a nice guy. We used to be good friends until I quit the gym. Than I didn't see him for a while and we didn't really talk. "Whats up with the nose?" He asks me. I hold my hand over my nose and laugh. "Just a little fight on the street that's all." I say. He seems skeptical although he dismisses it. "Well theres a newer boxer over there. Wanna show him a few moves?" He asks me. I nod my head. I used to be a temporary trainer so I know hot to teach new boxers. I walk over to the blond guy whos hitting a punching bag. I grab it and the punching bag stops moving.

    "Your not hitting it with enough power or else I would have been knocked away." I tell him. His blue eyes scan over me and I move a bit. I have to admit that the guy is cute. He has blonde hair that falls over his face and ends around his jaw line. I avoid any more thoughts and back away. I wait for him to hit it. He just stands there.

   "Are you my new trainer?" He asks me. I wasn't looking for a job. I was just wanting to go to the gym. I guess its alright though. I glance at Josh who is filing papers. He could use some help. The blonde boy has a glint of hope shining  from his eyes.  He must really need a trainer. I breathe the sent of the gym. I don't smell sweat. I smell years of determination and work. I nod my head.

  "Now get to work." I tell him. He turns back to the bag and starts hitting it.