Chapter 25

Getting Nicki's address wasn't the hardest thing to do. After that first encounter at the hotel, all it took was a call and I knew everything I needed to know about her considering that she was going to be palm of my plan.

Back then that was the plan, never have I imagined I'd have to go there, but here I was for the third time hoping it would turn out to be different than the other ones.

I still don't know what came over me last night. I acted like a little boy on his high school crush. But I can't deny the fact that I hear harps and violins playing whenever she smiles. Or when she's mad. She looks cute when she's mad.

Look at me, I'm probably sounding so corny right now, but it doesn't bother me that much, it reminds me that the world isn't so black and white, it reminds me that life has so much joy to offer, it reminds me of the old Aubrey.

It was that feeling of the old Aubrey back that made me accept Justine's stupid arrangement, so I can spend more time with her. Let's face it, I can get Furball in a snap of fingers, that dog is mine and I have his documentation. It's all about Onika. I want to show her that I'm really sorry for the way I've treated her. I want to know if she's feeling me that way I'm feeling her before I let tension take over me and walk away forever.

***

I barely slept last night. Nose itching as I was really trying to avoid layng on a wet pillow.

You know when you're doing cross words and no matter how much you try you can't seem to fill the gaps. I felt like I couldn't understand this whole thing, Aubrey, he's so... I don't know, I really don't know him. Too bad that only contributes for my feelings to grow for him.

By the time I started feeling the sleep kicking in, the sun was shinning through my curtains and the sound of the doorbell was playing no stop.

I'm so cranky right now, who can that be?

I get up from bed ready to cuss out the person who disturbed my precious slumber.

Roaming through the corridors I hear stuffing in the living room, so I quickly rush over there just make sure of what was going on.

I peek through the door frame. I wasn't alone in my own house and if didn't call the police right away I'm pretty sure the next and last my body will be found is inside a fridge.

The sound of footsteps growing louder and louder behind me triggered me to panic. I immediately get down on my knees with my hands over my head. "Take it all!"

That's when I hear the voice I've been dreaming about. "I just came for your company."

I peep to see my therapy partner staring down at me with a confused look on his face.

"You forgot the door unlocked last night." he holds out his hand for me.

"So? That doesn't give you the right to enter... What are you doing here anyway?"

"We haven't done what Justine asked and I think we should." I look at him not understanding a bit. "Let's put the rest of our Saturday afternoon in good use, how about we go out?"

Rest of the afternoon? Automatically, I take a look at the clock of the wall and sure enough was past midday

"Is it that late?"