<4>

The plagues served to contrast the power of the God of Israel with the Egyptian gods, invalidating them. Some commentators have associated several of the plagues with judgement on specific gods associated with the Nile, fertility and natural phenomena. According to Exodus 12:12, all the gods of Egypt would be judged through the tenth and final plague: "On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgement on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD."

--------------------------------

"Behold the voice of God", I glare at Rick, Amanda is no God and she will never be. "For those of you who don't know me officially, my name is Amanda Waller.

there's an active terrorist event in Midway City. I want you to enter the city, rescue HVT-1, and get them to safety".

"I'm sorry, for those of us who don't speak good guy, what is HVT-1?" "The only person that matters in the city, the one person you can't kill.

complete the mission, you get time off your prison sentence" I just groan at that, I'm stuck in here forever time off my prison sentence isn't very helpful.

"Fail the mission-" "Yes we die, we know, tell us something new?" I say aloud to her. She rolls her eyes and continues "Anything happens to Colonel Flag I'll kill every single one of you" have fun with that.

"Remember I'm watching, I see everything" she seriously thinks that she is God, unbelievable. "There's your pep talk" "It was still shit, but not as shit as yours" I say while crossing my arms.

"So that's it, we some kind of suicide squad?" damn I knew I should have copy-righted that. "I'll notify your next of kin" "Um excuse me, you can't really notify mine" I say with small smile, "Well then don't die" he dead pans.

"Alpha, bravo team mount up!" we all head onto the helicopter, I sit between El Diablo and Cal. We were about to take off when an Asian girl jumps on, "You're late" is she one of us? she doesn't look like a bad guy.

"I was busy" that normally means you were killing someone, maybe she is one of us. "This is Katana she got my back, she can cut all of you in half with one sword stroke, just like mowing the lawn" nice.

"I would advise not getting killed by her, her sword traps the souls of her victims" my eyes widen, she traps souls? That sword would go for a fortune at a crossroads.

"Harley Quinn, nice to meet ya love your perfume what is that? The stench of death?" I giggle at Harley's comment. "Should I kill them now?" she asks and I just snort, like to see her try when that sword is through her head.

"Easy cowgirl, ain't that kinda mission" I stretch over so I can kind of see her "Does your sword really trap souls?" she looks up at me and I just raise my eyebrows "Yes".

"Well if you ever need a few extra years on your life call me" I then send a wink her way. I sit back upright, Cal and El are giving me a weird look "What? I know a guy".

<>

"So what's the deal with them calling you death?" I look at Cap who had asked me the question.

"Well have you ever heard the story of Moses?" he nods his head "Well do you know the part where people had to smear lambs blood on their doors to keep their kids alive?"

he nods again "I was the thing they were keeping out" his eyes widened. "You're the Angel of Death?" I nod "Yep" he nods as well and looks across at the wall.

"Woah look at the pretty lights, are you guys seeing this?" I look out of the window, oh fuck it's those magical freaks again, I thought I took care of those things years back.

"What happened?" Floyd asked Rick "Terror attack" I shook my finger. "No, no, no, no this isn't terror attack I know exactly who this is" Ricks eyes widened, "You do?".

"Yeah now who the fuck opened Enchantress' bottle" everyone was looking at me. "Who opened her? Because I know for sure that I put her in that little casket and hid her very well, now who found her?".

I didn't get my answer because the helicopter crashed to the ground. Once it had landed I booted the door out and jumped down with a huff, "This is not my day".

"We're okay, we're okay, assets are undamaged" you better thank God that I'm not damaged, well more so than usual.

We all followed the soldiers out onto the road, it looked like we were in the middle of a city centre. Not much of one now.

I hear a grunt and turn around seeing Cap and Slip-Knot trying to escape. Cap gets caught but Slip-Knot doesn't get off so easy, "I told you he wouldn't last long" I said to Floyd who just looks wide eyed.

"Now that's a killer app" "Okay you wanna keep playing the Hollywood squares version of 'I'll blow your freaking head off'? Are you next?" "You tripping homie" El tells him.

"You next, Deadshot?" Floyd walked over to Rick "Did you just threaten me?" "Oh yeah" Floyd laughed "He just threatened me" he then pointed at Rick while walking away. I could see it now, Ricks head, on a spike.