Perdition 4

"I met the boss yesterday." Dean said to Jessica's back as she was searching under the cupboards for the right product for him to use. She seemed to freeze before turning around.

"Yesterday? How'd you find him?" His opinion of the man suddenly seemed very important and Dean didn't want to disappoint.

"He seemed nice. Very likeable." Shrugging, he spoke.

She jumped up and clasped her hands together, "I knew you'd love him! Sam is so great and an awesome boss. You'll never meet a nicer guy. He goes out of his way for anyone and everyone no matter what they need. Oh and he understands how everyone has needs and doesn't brush your needs off just because he doesn't experience the same thing."

For some reason, Dean thought she was talking about her period. That made the hunter increasingly uncomfortable. Do men usually brush off women's 'needs' because we don't experience the same thing? He was sure his confusion and concern would show on his face but Jess didn't mention anything.

"You're lucky anyway." She sighed before searching for the bottle again.

"Wait... I'm lucky?" He blinked. He was lucky because he didn't have women's 'needs'?

She chuckled slightly and shuffled closer to Dean as though she was going to share some school yard gossip, "He only swings your way, he plays for the other team, he's on the other bus, he's waving the other flag, he's going-"

"He's gay?" Dean interrupted Jessica's little list.

"Gay... Or bisexual... Or pansexual... Or..." She huffed a sigh, "Look, I'm not 100% sure and I don't want to start rumors but I've seen him check out one too many men's asses to be straight." She shrugged.

Dean blinked. That certainly was a revelation and Jessica certainly knew how to reveal with some enthusiasm. But... How did she know that Dean was interested in both?

"How did you..." He began, lifting a hand to gesture at himself.

"Trust me, when you know what to look for, it's obvious." She grinned before placing the bottle of product on the table and strolling off to continue with her duties. Dean sighed and went about his chores while shaking his head.

---

"They're all gunna die."

"Well, that's dramatic. It's nice to see you too."

Dean rolled his eyes before pulling Bobby into a manly hug. He patted his back.

"It's true though. Everyone in Deadwood is going to be killed by these people- monsters." He corrected.

"You don't know that for sure." Bobby tried to reassure him as he led the way into the road side diner.

Fed up of over the phone communication, Bobby and Dean arranged to meet up on Sunday afternoon when Dean had his day off. They'd decided to meet halfway so both men could be back at their places by night. It would have been a pain for Dean to book time off so soon into his employment. This is why they were currently sat either side of a small table in a sticky diner.

"They won't die if we do something." Bobby got back on topic after the waitress took their order. He was trying to keep Dean positive.

"Jessica and Sam are right there in Deadwood. If something goes wrong..."

"You've grown attached to these people? Is there... Anything more going on?" Hesitantly, he asked.

"More?" He chuckled, "No, Jess is way too dedicated to her job for time to date and I've only bumped into Sam once even if he was really nice." He tried not to go dreamy over his boss; that would be embarrassing for Dean to display in front of the old hunter.