Chapter 5: Tron Cat Always Gets His Way

Start from the beginning

Danielle: As far as I knew she would help him around his house from time to time but that's like it.
Rands: Now when you say she was hysterical, how was she? Was she panicking because he was dead? Or was she panicking because she knew that we were going to possibly catch her?
Danielle: Because he was dead. She couldn't stop talking about him being dead. It bothered her.
Bass: Interesting. Do you think she had anything to do with his death?
Danielle: Zoe? No, she wouldn't hurt a fly. She couldn't even kill a spider if I was in her house. She would always make sure it left her house alive.

Lying to the police didn't feel right but this was a lose-lose situation for me. No matter how this turned out it would somehow involve Tyler and if he knew I snitched I could be next.

After another hour of questioning, they let me go. Saying they would be in touch. I immediately walked out and made my way home. I could feel Tyler's eyes burning a hole in my back but I didn't bother to look at him. I didn't rat him out or anything nor did I mention anything about Zoe's diary. Speaking of that I needed to get it put up somewhere. It had too much evidence in it proving me a liar and Tyler a suspect and a serial killer.

I hurried home with that on my mind. My house was quiet. It reminded me that my brother was in jail for Raquel's disappearance. There was so much going on that I couldn't wrap my head around it.

Once I made it to my room I frantically searched for Zoe's diary. After tearing my entire room apart I couldn't find it. All I had was the key. I was frustrated yet panicking. Someone could have it right now. What if my mother got it and went through it thinking it was mine? Zoe didn't have her name written anywhere in or outside the diary. What if she turned it into the police? I would be fucked. Tyler would be fucked. That would make me double fucked.

But there's no way she could have found it. Plus my mother never went through my things as far as I knew. Where was the last place I had it? I remember reading it in Zoe's bedroom. And again when I got here. Then taking it to Tyler's. After that, I don't remember having it. I remember us talking then me running out of his house frightened by him. I don't remember putting it back in my bag. Zoe's diary has to be at Tyler's house. Fuck.

Tyler

After hours upon hours, so being questioned Tron Cat gave them no leads to me or Danielle. All I could think about was Zoe the entire time he talked for me. I wish I could've stopped him but I was completely powerless to Tron Cat. I hated it. We were let go but not without them letting us know they would be in touch. I know Tron Cat was saving my ass but I really wish he'd let me live my life alone.

Tron Cat: Where is the key to Zoe's diary?
Tyler: I don't know Danielle probably has it still.
Tron Cat:
(chuckling) We must pay wifey a little visit then.

We knocked on Danielle's door and waited for her to come to the door. The plan was to get the key and dispose of the diary itself. It had too much information that could give me nothing short of the death penalty. And honestly, I wouldn't mind being dead if that set me free from Tron Cat.

Moments later Danielle finally came to the door. She was instantly paralyzed once she saw it was us.

Danielle: What do you want?
Tron Cat: May I come in?
Danielle: You know it looks suspicious with you coming over here after we just got questioned right?

Tron Cat knew she was right.

Tron Cat: And making me stand out here looks any better?

She reluctantly opened the door and let us in. Tron Cat was definitely smooth with his words. That's one thing I actually appreciate him for.

Danielle: So.. what's up?

She stood there awkwardly barley looking at us. I knew she was scared of us, well Tron Cat at least.

Tron Cat: I'm here to talk about Zoe's diary.
Danielle: (looking directly to him) You have it?
Tron Cat: (holding up the diary) I'm in need of the key and I know you have it.
Danielle: If you'd give it to me I'll unlock it for you.

Tron Cat began laughing loudly as he stuffed the diary back into my backpack. He knew Danielle was up to something and he wasn't going for it.

Tron Cat: I'm afraid that that simply isn't gonna happen.
Danielle: Well you can't have the key.

I felt Tron Cat grow angry. He doesn't like not getting his way. You can't tell him no. You can't tell him he couldn't have anything. Tron Cat always gets what he wants. I learned the hard way.

Tron Cat: (sternly) Give me the key.
Danielle: Why?
Tron Cat: (raising his voice) Give me the key!
Danielle: No.

I felt my skin get hot. I knew Tron Cat was gonna lunge at her at any given second. I wanted to warn her to at least get a head start but of course, I had no control.

Tron Cat: I'm gonna say this one last time. This is your final chance. I like you, Danielle. Don't screw this up!

She eyed us up and down. Tron Cat loved her feistiness but he was also growing annoyed from him not immediately getting his way.

Tron Cat: Give me the key!

Danielle took off running into the kitchen as Tron Cat went after her. We tackled her to the ground.

Tron Cat: Where is the key?!
Danielle: I'm never gonna tell you!
Tron Cat: Fine I'll find it myself!

With that, he hit Danielle on the back of her head knocking her out cold. We searched her pockets but didn't find anything.

Tron Cat: It has to be around here somewhere.

We went back to the living room searching every surface. There was no key insight. We went upstairs and searched in her bedroom and we still couldn't find it.

Tron Cat: Where did she put this damn key?!

We went back downstairs into the kitchen. We gave it a good look over. Next to the light switch was a key holder that holds one set of keys. Attached was a letter D key chain. Danielle was the only family member whose name started with a D. Tron Cat chuckled again as we made our way to the key holder. Of course, there was the dairy's key.

We took it off the key ring as Danielle regained consciousness.

Tron Cat: Silly, silly girl. Did you really think I was that dumb?

He laughed as Danielle stood up. We took off out the house before she could chase us. Now she knew too that Tron Cat always got his way.

Danielle

I watched Tyler run down the street. I was devastated that I failed. But with the way he hit me on the back of my head, there was nothing I could have done. Nothing. I closed my front door and decided to go shower. I had no idea what he had planned with the diary but I knew it wouldn't cause trouble for me. Or at least I hoped so.

Once out of the shower I heard another knock on the door as I was getting dressed. What now? I was growing agitated. I just want to be left alone. I hurried and put some pants on and ran downstairs to see who it was. It was Zoe's parents.

Zoe's Mom: Hey Hun. Sorry to bother you but we came by to get Zoe's diary back. Were you able to open it?

Fuck! Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse!