Chapter 3: Suprise After Suprise

Danielle

Just like Tyler told me to do, I went to his house after school. I couldn't help but look at Zoe's house across the street. Her parents had a banner in their yard with a picture of her and the question "Have you seen me?" on it. I felt so sad. Nobody knows where she is except maybe one person. The one person who hung out with her the day of her disappearance. The same person's door I'm knocking on, Tyler.

Within seconds he answered the door. He didn't say anything. I was a bit nervous to say anything myself. He stepped aside letting me in. I walked into his quiet house.

Tyler: My mom and sister are gone for the weekend. So I figured this would be a good time we sat down and talked about this.

I nodded and he took a seat on his couch. I stood awkwardly not knowing if I should sit or stand.

Tyler: You can sit if you'd like.

I took a seat on the sofa next to him but a good distance away just in case I need to get away.

Tyler: I asked you to come over to set some things straight. One this Zoe situation and a few other things she said in her diary.

I swallowed a lump in my throat and finally looked him in his eyes. They were unreadable. They were darker than his usual color. They didn't glow either. He had bags under his eyes and they were a little droopy. He looked exhausted.

But on the other hand, his skin looked great. His face was freshly groomed. I could tell he had a haircut even though he wore his usual green hat. His clothes were clean and fresh looking. He even smelled good even after a long day of school.

Danielle: Okay. I'm all ears.

He smirked and it made me feel a little uneasy but I brushed it off and listened to him talk.

Tyler: I have no idea where Zoe is. She and I did hang out. But she left to go do something. She didn't tell me where she was going and I didn't question her so she wouldn't be upset. I honestly have no idea where she is.

His demeanor never changed. He didn't twitch. His voice didn't change. He was believable. I believed him.

Tyler: I didn't kill Mr. Farmer. Zoe did. I was there when she did it. And I promised I wouldn't tell anyone about it. My role was to help get rid of his body but that soon changed once she felt guilty of what she did. So we left him there. I didn't know she was pregnant nor that she got raped by him. I wish I knew or I would have gone to the police myself but there isn't much we can do about it now. She's missing and pregnant. If she did run away I hope she lets us know she's alive.
Danielle: Did you know she liked you?

I saw a flash of something in his eyes. I couldn't tell what it was.

Tyler: Yeah. But I didn't want Zoe. She's way out of my league.

He chuckled this deep and dark chuckle. It frightened me.

Tyler: But... There is someone I have my eye on. Someone I do want...

I eyed him as I felt my body heat up and my heart starts to race. I choked out a response.

Danielle: Who?
Tyler: You.

I watched as he looked at me with those dark eyes surrounded by those pretty long eyelashes. Then lick his plump lips that I strangely and suddenly wanted to feel on mine. Did I seriously like Tyler?

My face got hot and he moved closer to me. I swear my heart was beating out of my chest.

Tyler: What do you think about that?