The Hurricane

Back Story:
Mark never admitted his love to Lexie during/after the crash. He broke up with Julia and hasn't seen anyone since. Lexie hasn't either.

oOo

Lexie P.O.V.

I stare unforgivingly at Mark from across the lobby. Its been a year since I told him that I loved him. Nothing happened. Its been a year since the plane crash. Nothing happened. He knows I love him, damn it! Couldn't he at least say he didn't love me back instead of leaving me in suffering pain not knowing whether he felt the same or not. Mark finally stood up and walked towards me.
"Hey Little Grey whatcha ya up to?" He said as if she hadn't admitted love to him a year prior.
"Oh! Uh-Uh-Ummm." I stuttered
"Damn it, Lexie! Its been a year you can talk to him without being a blubbering idiot" I thought silently.
"Nothing just looking at some charts. Like my good ol' intern days." I finally say out loud.
"Your almost an attending here now you can order around your interns to do that, you know." He said jokingly.
"Uh... OH-oh yeah I'll consider it."
"'I'll consider it?!?' WHAT ARE YOU THINKING LEXIE YOU IDIOT" I thought to myself.
Mark walked away sensing that I was done with this conversation.
"Uhh Mark I have to talk to you. Right now." I said as he was walking away.
"Yeah sure what's up?"
"Ummm. Its been a year since the plane crash...."
"Uh-huh"
"Its also been a year since I told you... that I- you know..."
"and?"
Oh my god. I was going to do this nice and calmly but I had enough! Suddenly all my emotions and anger towards him that I had been building for a year came bursting out like a hurricane.
"I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS ANYMORE. JUST TELL ME HOW YOU FEEL SO I CAN GET IN WITH MY LIFE, WITH OR WITHOUT YOU!" I screamed.
"Now the whole hospital is looking at you two. Your a real genius, Lexie." I thought sarcastically.
"Woah, Lex. Are you sure we can't talk about this later?" He said, obviously shocked by my outburst.
"But Mark, It is later. I've waited a year for an answer so just... shoot away. I can handle it."
"Lex, I-I dont-" He stuttered
"Message received. I-I will see you later Dr. Sloan."
I started to walk backwards and pointed out Finger Guns'
"Finger guns?!? Are you serious! You just pointer finger guns at the love of your life after he rejected you. Oh my gosh you are literally killing everyone around you, including yourself, with awkwardness." I thought
"Lex, Wait. Let me finish."
"No, no, no. Its fine! We live in America wooo. Free choice! No forced love wooo!" I said awkwardly
"Oh my gosh Lexie. Spare yourself the awkwardness and just walk away."
"No really its fine Mark. Look I know bad timing and stuff so I'll just walk away." I said trying to hide the fact that he literally just stomped on my already broken heart.
"Lex, I don't understand why I didn't tell you this the moment you told me you love me but I do love you. I don't know if I'll ever stop. So just come over here and kiss me."
I did as I was told. And man did it feel good to have Mark back in MY arms.
----------------------------------------------
Hi so this was meant as a one shot but I can totally build on the story from here! So if you'd like to hear
more from my perspective just leave a comment telling me so!
☺️✌️