(Book 3) Chater 3 - The Begining of the end

Start from the beginning

‘’yeah, you?’’

We carried on bussing convo and in 5 minutes and I had convinced her to let me stand in front of them. I paid for my sh*t and left Top Man and walked towards the Adidas store. I swear nothing made me as happy as spending money. We walked into the Adidas shop – got myself 3 pairs of trainers, a little tracksuit for Kara and a bomber jacket that Chris had his eye on. That was one person that I had bought a Christmas present for. We walked back out and we looked around Westfield. It was massiveeeeee.

The mandem started walking towards a group of chicks and started moving them when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and kissed my teeth.

‘’what?’’

‘’Hello to you to Omari.’’

‘’What do you want?’’

‘’I need someone to watch Kamara.’’

‘’Where are you going?’’

‘’Collegeeeeee.’’ She said dragging out the word like I asked a stupid question.

‘’So what makes you think that I’m not in college myself?’’

‘’Because I’ve seen all your friends statuses. You’re in Westfield. And as per usual, bunking college.’’

‘’So why can’t YOU bunk college?’’ she was acting like she was new to this bunking sh*t. Me and her used to bunk Monday to Wednesday most weeks when we were in secondary school.

‘’Because I actually WANT an education.’’

‘’and where’s your mum?’’

‘’at work.’’

‘’so wait. You knew your mum was going to work and that you were going to college later on  the same day, INSTEAD of telling me last night, you tell me half way through the day?’’

‘’I told you he was going to be difficult Tasha’ – ‘why? He needs to take care of his rass child. It takes two to tango’ –‘try telling him that’?’’ I heard her talking to her friend in the background. I screwed up my face.

‘’Shut the f_ck up. Tell Tasha and her donkey mouthed self to suck on her mums pubic hairs. I’ll be there when I can’’ I cut the phone and called over Kwali. He looked at me and screwed me then went back to trying to get some mixed raced girls number.

‘’Kwali!’’ he put his middle finger up and carried on talking to the girl.

‘’I’ll set you up with Aaliyah’s cousin if you come here.’’ Kwali just turned around and walked towards me. The girl looked baffled and screwed Kwali behind his back.

‘’What do I have to do?’’ Kwali was BANG ON ones of Aaliyah’s cousins, but Lee refused to give him her number.

‘’Come with me to Chloe’s to pick up Kara.’’

‘’Yeah yeah. Now?’’

‘’yeah, but we have to rush cause Chloe needs to go college.’’

‘’Ohh. You bringing them man?’’ Kwali said indicating the boys behind him.

‘’Nah. I just wanna pick her up and go back to mine or if it’s not too cold take her to the park.’’

‘’let’s bounce then.’’

I told the guys I was leaving and left with Kwali and Kayne – he hated socialising with most people and her jumped at the chance to leave. We jumped in Chris’s car he had let me borrow whilst he was staying over for the Christmas holidays. I was waiting to get my own car, I was 17 and I had a driver’s license, but my marj wanted to be stubborn and tell me I had to ‘’earn’’ a car, or buy it myself.