Magazine Interview - Alex Gaskarth oneshot

"Tell me why we're doing this again?"

My band mate, and best friend, Jack and I were strolling down the hallway of Teen magazine's New York office. They were a pretty big magazine, mostly in North America, but they were known in other countries as well.

"I don't know. But let's put on a happy face and get this over with" I replied.

For some reason, our manager agreed to the two of us doing a video interview with the magazine today. Sure we've done magazine interviews plenty of times, but it was more like Alternative Press and Kerrang, unlike Teen magazine who was mostly read by teen girls into pop music and pop culture.

Nevertheless, Jack and I showed up and soon enough we had walked right up to the room where everything would take place.

"Oh, you must be Alex and Jack" a woman, probably mid-30's, greeted us at the door of the room, "Come have a seat and I'll let our interviewer know you're here." We thanked the lady and sat down in the rather comfy chairs they had set up for us.

"Jack quick!" I whisper-yelled, "let's steal these chairs while no one's here!"

Jack laughed at my joke as he continued to get super comfy in his own seat.

"Knock knock!" We heard another lady's voice at the door behind us.

Jack and myself stood up to shake hands with our interviewer who had introduced herself, her name being Katie, and thanked us for coming.

"Now, I don't know if you two read our magazine often...or ever..." we laughed at her joke, trying to keep the mood light and happy, "but basically we'll talk about your band, the things you do off tour, and then answer some questions we randomly picked from our Twitter! And of course we'll be filming the interview to put it up online as well. So if that sounds good to you guys, we'll set up the cameras and get this interview going!"

We both agreed to everything she said, and she began setting up the final touches.

-----------

"I've been trying to work out more often, and as you can see" Jack flexed his arm, definitely thinking that his muscles were bigger than they actually appeared, "I'm getting pretty good." I laughed at that sight, and so did Katie. "But other than that, I'm a total lazy ass when we're off tour."

"And how about you Alex? Do you have any hobbies or anything?"

"When we're off tour, it's usually because we're working on new music, so most of the time I'm writing or trying to find inspiration to write new songs about."

"Does anything inspire you in particular?"

I lowered my head for a split second, giving a small grin before I answered. "My girlfriend. She's a huge inspiration in my songwriting." I now let Katie see my grin this time.

"Adorable! Can you tell us more about your special lady?"

"Her name is Y/N, we have been together for over 4 years, and she's the only person in the world who completely understands me. Basically, if there's a love song coming from all time low, it's a good chance that she was the inspiration behind it." I couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear. I loved when I was able to express my love of Y/N. She would always say that I embarrassed her when I talked about her in an interview, but I knew she secretly liked it. I hoped she was going to see this interview whenever they post it on YouTube.

------

"Jack is the worst for being messy and gross! He will actually get right into my face while I'm lying in my bunk and toss all of his dirty socks and shirts in!" Jack and I were now answering fan questions, "I usually end up chasing him and tackling him but one time he actually blindfolded me with one of his dirty smelly socks! I'm still grossed out by that!"

"Oh please," Jack chirped in "you and the guys have seen much worse from me." He then pointed to his crotch, and Katie decided to end that question before it got any further.

"Allllllright then! Let's get another question ready!" She raked through the cards in her hands, and seemed pleased with the one she selected. "Oh this is a fun one! It's for both Jack and Alex. Both of you, grab your phone and the most recent person in your text messages, you have to say 5 good things about them! Shall we start with you Alex?"

I pulled my phone out of my pants pocket and went to my text messages. I grinned when I saw the name at the top of my text message list, Y/N.

"By that grin I'm guessing yours is your girlfriend Alex?"

I nodded happily and decided to speak right into the camera for this part. "Y/N, baby, one: you have the most amazing smile. I love making you laugh because I get to see those pearly whites as well as your eyes shine. Two: you are so caring and I adore that about you. You always put others before yourself, and everyone appreciates that. Remind me when I come home that you deserve a day dedicated to just you." 

At this point I had zoned out absolutely everything. All I could focus on was the camera lens I was talking into and making sure that my girlfriend would know how perfect she is. 

I continued, "Three: I love when I catch you singing and dancing along to all time low songs. I'm glad you're such a fan of our music, you inspire me to keep writing and playing. Four: I love the way you and I can poke fun at each other so easily and still put up with each other at the end of the day, you old turd whopper!" I heard a laugh come from Jack at that one. "And finally, Y/N, you're amazing because you make me a better man. You've made me stronger, happier, and more loving. I wanna thank you for all you've given me these past few years, and I'm looking forward to so many more with you. I can't wait till we get home from this tour" I ended it off with a wink to the camera, then returned back to reality. 

Katie almost had tears in her eyes and Jack gave me a pat on the back. He for sure understood how much she meant to me.

"That made my heart swell, Alex. That Y/N of yours is one lucky girl." I smiled back, knowing that she was right. "Jack, how about you? Who's your most recent contact in your texts?"

"It's so unfair! I texted Rian last, now I gotta say 5 nice things about him?! After what Alex just said?!"

I laughed hard, Katie joining in with a couple of laughs as Jack started off.

"One: Rian I would like to thank you for dragging me home when I'm drunk and naked..."