Chapter Five *Edited

Start from the beginning

I hung up the old yellow phone onto the rotary receiver. Well if Seth wasn’t interested anymore who was I to turn down a semi-date? Besides it was technically going to be my first date. Which was borderline pathetic to be having a first date at nineteen. Unless meeting John Stevens behind the jungle gym in kindergarten counted? I mean it was a pre-chosen place with romantic intention.

Technicalities.

I began the trek up to my room, which was a few flights up, thinking about what to wear when I heard a car pull into the drive way. There was a large bay window over the entry you could through while on the stairs so I looked out to see a red jeep sitting outside of my house. I sighed and walked back down the stairs.

As I walked out I grabbed a few grapes from the vine I had been eating before and popped it into my mouth. I was a bit of a nervous eater. Of course that was when I noticed whom it was driving the vehicle. Trying to act nonchalant about it I leaned against a column on the porch.

He stormed out of the jeep, slamming the car door and stalked toward me with hurt written all over his face. I was beyond shocked and I was sure my eyes were bulging out of my face like in a cartoon. I nearly choked on the grape I was eating but tried to hide it.

“Well, don't you look relaxed.” he accused.

Fuck, he looked like hell. He had deep circles under his vibrant green eyes. He looked hungry, tired, and in pain more then anything. He was wearing his usual jeans and t-shirt combo but they looked like he had been wearing them for days.

“You look.... like shit, honestly.” I managed after a minute.

“Yeah, well, I feel like it.”

You left me.” I pointed out

He ran his hands down his face. “I know.”

“Then, why are you here?”

“I want to be together.”

My eyebrows shot up. “Already?”

He stood across from me with his hands in his pockets looking lost again. “Don't you miss me?”

“Define ‘miss,’” I said, just to be cruel.

“Come on,” he whined. “Please, I can't be apart from you this long.”