Secret 5: I'm not who I am

"The real Madara Uchiha has been summoned!" 

"What!? Then who was the Madara that declared war on us?" 

"He must be a fake!" 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Lately, you have been hearing things outside the cave, since you guys were close to having your hideout discovered. You heard things. Madara is a fake. The one who declared war is a fake. He is just a loser. Or so you have been hearing seeing coming out of the ninjas' words.

You felt like whipping out your kunai and slitting their throats with a wide-eyed look on your face. Before you could've blown yourself away, you held it in and gulped, before turning back. There was no point. It will only raise the suspicion that Tobi isn't Madara, and just ruin everything Tobi worked so hard for.

Seeing Zetsu and Sasuke resting in a part of the cave, you sat and didn't know what to think, but rest your hands under your cheeks.

From being so aloof in your head, you didn't notice the presence creeping up behind. Probably from a bit of anger and depression that dragged you away from reality.

"[name]."

You were so into daydreaming about stabbing ninjas on their organs a bunch of times and ripping their skin off that you were really not paying attention to around you.

"[name]."

You were SERIOUSLY not paying attention. In fact, you were thinking about pulling someone's spine out of their body, just now.

"[name], answer me." 

"..." 

"[NAME]!" 

"Hah, YES!?"

You were startled out of your mind that you fell out of your makeshift chair and onto the rocky floor, which earned you a few scrapes on your arm, here and there. Sitting up and rubbing your bum, you turned to find Tobi looking down at you like you were stupid. But he offered a hand to you. And you took it gratefully.

"What were you doing, not answering me?" He stared hard you from behind his red orbs. You sighed and held a depressed face, no matter how you wanted to hide it. Besides, Tobi would see past it.

"Well, it's just that people have been saying things that they shouldn't about you, and... I'm sick of it!" You complained, glaring at an innocent rock in the corner.

Tobi heaved a heavy sigh, as he wrapped an arm around you, pulling you closer to his chest. You blushed at his sudden affection.

"It's no wonder they would say that. I'm their enemy, and to find out that they weren't even fighting the person they assumed is a dangerous ninja, they would obviously say things like that." Tobi took off his mask as he breathed in a huge gulp of air. He looked down at you softly and continued. "[name], you shouldn't jump to conclusions like that. I'll be fine, so don't worry about what people say. There is only you and I in our place. "

You looked down again and closed your eyes before agreeing with the raven.

"Even if you're pretending to be someone else, I'll always view you as Tobi." You answered with a soft smile that Tobi responded with a real one in a long time.