Secret 2: Don't Come Out

"[name]. I'll be very busy for quite a while now, so I'm having Zetsu with you for the time being. As leader, both of you will protecting Sasuke, since he just finished surgery."

You nodded in response as Tobi exited the cave, and out to prepare for war.

Sasuke sat on a rock inside, his eyes blinded, but he could still hear. You walked towards the blinded Uchiha and sat beside him, but left out some space, so as not to provoke him. You didn't really know why Tobi was so smitten with him. Sure, he has a grudge against Konoha, and may prove to be a powerful trump of a sort, but he did take things a bit too far for a rogue ninja.

But you pressed no further. You only closed your eyes and thought about the memories of the past.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Why do you keep her, here, Tobi?"
"Hn. It's nothing. She only serves to keep Sasuke in as the war will start. After all, Zetsu, you might need help in restricting him."

Zetsu said nothing else and went back into position by your side, before Tobi sighed and took off his mask. He felt the skin from years ago, and thought of the possibility of losing you. You were the last Akatsuki member, but you were kind and you sort of reminded him of Rin. His crush. But you were sort of different. That difference was what kept him going.

Tobi placed the mask back on, and looked out over the Konoha village.

"Don't come out, [name]. I don't want to lose you. I will not make the same mistake."