Prologue

Prologue

NASUNOG, luminog, at binagyo. Iyan ang mga kalamidad na madalas maranasan ngayon ng Vampire City. How come that the Secret City that was once loved by the mortals and vampires that knew its existence experience this kind of thing.

Three thousand years ago, after the reign of Kangs, the beliefs were changed. The tradition was altered. They allowed a crown a princess. They closed the portal.

Elders says it might be the start of something new.

Sa mga nagdaang taon, marami nang nagbago sa Vampire city.

Nadagdagan ng nagtataasan na gusali na aakalin mong nasa mundo ka ng mga tao. Hindi na rin pinahihintulutan na makipag-ugnayan ang mga bampira sa tao. Love between vampire and a mortal is banned like they had forgotten the history.

Everything has change.

But not the little crown princess Raia Grendel Montruex. She knew what she wants in life. She knew what she wanted to do in her lifetime. And she knew she's not destined to marry a pure blooded aristocrat vampire.

In a city that was ruled and controlled by her family, she's the only free bird.

And the only thing she wanted is to get out the city. But how will she do that if the portal is closed?

"Princess, the King is requesting for your presence," her maid told her while she was reading her favorite book.

"Tell my father I am sick," she lied.

"But Princess-"

"It's okay. I'm here." Parehong napatingin ang Prinsesa at ang tagapaglingkod sa bungad ng pintuan.

Doon ay nakatayo ang mestisong lalaki. Maganda ang pangangatawan nito. Hindi rin maikakaila ang guwapong mukha nito. Makikita sa aura niya ang awtoridad.

"Dad..." the princess stood up from her cushion pillow that she sat on and gave her father a bow for respect. Umalis ang tagapaglingkod at naiwan silang dalawa sa silid ng prinsesa.

"Are you sick, my princess?" the King asked. He knew she wasn't. And the princess knew that he was just teasing her.

"I am not, Dad. I'm sorry if-"

"Hindi ako galit, Raia. I already have my hunch na hindi ka susunod sa maid mo kaya ako na mismo ang umakyat," nakangiti pa nitong sabi.

Naupo ang hari sa gilid ng kama niya at giniya nito ang kamay niya sa tabi ng kama. Hindi naman gumalaw ang prinsesa ang nakatingin lang sa ama niya.

"Manganganak na mamaya ang Mommy, hindi ka ba sasama sa infirmary?" tanong sa kaniya ng Hari.

Muling naupo ang prinsesa sa cushion pillow na nakalapag sa sahig at humaba ang nguso nito.

"I want a baby brother, Daddy. Why can't I have a brother? I already have Priela and...and Prea!" mas lalong sumimangot ang mukha ng dose anyos na prinsesa.

"Raia, alam mo naman na hindi iyon mangyayari, 'di ba?" maingat na sabi ng Hari sa kaniya at tumingin lamang siya sa ama at nakipagsukatan ng tingin.

"Why? Because our bloodline is curse?" tanong niya na may halong pang-uuyam.

"Raia!" saway sa kaniya ng Hari pero humalukipkip lang ang batang prinsesa.

"We are cursed because our ancestors didn't follow the tradition! Ang dami niyong sinuway sa nakaugalian! And the only way to stop this-"

"I don't want to hear about this anymore, Raia. We are not cursed. The deities will grant us a Prince but not this generation," his father told her coldly.

"That's what Grandpa says but look at us now," she murmured. Alam niyang narinig iyong ng ama niya pero napailing na lamang ito sa kaniya.

Raia knew. Their bloodline was cursed a long time ago. And the only way to stop it is to open the portal and find a cure.

________________