Just Give It Time

Dean Winchester would probably describe himself as the adorable older brother of Sam, who loved his 'baby' his 67 Impala, enjoyed a cold beer and long walks on the beach, who happened to find himself on the other side of the bar at The Roadhouse one Friday evening, after Ellen's bartender had gone off sick. He didn't mind, after all it was practically his second home since he went there most nights to have a drink and catch up with his friends, so he was happy to help. After covering a couple more shifts Ellen eventually offered him weekend work which he accepted since he could do with the extra money and it meant he could still work at Singers Auto Repairs.

Dean enjoyed working at The Roadhouse he got to know the regulars, he would make small talk whilst serving drinks and clearing tables and on a saturday evening set up the stage for the local bands to play. When it was quiet Dean would grab his own guitar, step on to the stage and entertain them all with a few songs.

Castiel looked forward to the nights Dean would perform,
As the months went past Charlie had begun to notice that when Dean sung his eyes would end up resting on Castiel as if no one else was in the room but just him and Cas, they would lock eyes and Charlie would sit watching the two of them and noticed the exchanges of looks between them.

"Seriously Charlie your imagining things, for starters Cas is my best friend........" Dean averted his eyes and could feel the heat rising as he blushed with embarrassment and rubbed the back of his neck, "your totally hot best friend who you can't take your eyes off, Sam said you'd deny it" Dean's mouth opened and shut like a goldfish "woah, w..w.what...tt as he took in what Charlie said, "it's gonna be okay" she said as she pulled him into a hug.

It was another quiet night, it had been pouring with rain which had kept most customers away. Sam and Cas were already sat at their regular spot waiting for Charlie to arrive. "Whats up bitches?" Charlie grinned as she made her way over to sit down next to Cas. As it was so quiet Dean decided to sing and so grabbed his guitar and made his way up to the mike. They whooped and cheered as he took to the stage, but as he sang he glanced over at Castiel who looked worried. Dean finished the song and joined them at the table and took a seat next to Cas.

Cas took a sip of his beer then spoke "You were good as usual Dean", "thanks but you looked distracted is something wrong?" Dean was concerned. "Well" Cas began, "I was going to tell you sooner, but I thought I'd wait till Charlie got here, I've been offered the job, the one I applied for a couple of months ago at the newspaper, I'll be moving in a week's time".
"Woah Cas, man that's great news, isn't it Dean?" Sam waited for Dean to respond. "Yeah, yeah, o..of course it is its great news I'm really pleased for you I just didn't realize you'd be going so soon" Dean patted Cas on his back but looked anywhere but at Cas and Sam gave Dean his best bitchface. Dean glared back.
"Well we should be celebrating, drinks on me" Charlie over enthusiastically announced.

Once back home Dean was shattered and as he lay his head down on his pillow, and closed his eyes all he could see was the image of a man with black messy hair and startling blue eyes staring back at him. Dean groaned as it dawned on him that whenever he tried to sleep all he could see was Castiels face.

He got out of bed and went downstairs to get a drink of water, as he entered the kitchen he saw Sam sat at the table on his laptop. Sam looked up "Hey Dean, can't sleep either huh?" Dean reached for a glass and turned on the tap "Yeah something like that". He gulped down the drink and put the glass down. "So why are you still up?" asked Dean, "I'm just finishing up some stuff for work, there.....done!" Sam closed the laptop. "Are you alright Dean?" "Yeah......yeah I.I..I'm just peachy".

Dean pulled out a chair at the table and sat down, he pinched the top of his nose, then rubbed his hand down his face. Sam took a deep breath "Do you wanna talk about him...I mean...it?" Dean frowned "What? no it's got nothing to do with Cas....okay....okay....it's got everything to do with him, what am I going to do Sam, he's leaving and there's not a damm thing I can do to stop him". "Really Dean, why would he stay? you practically forced him to apply in the first place and when he found out he got it you told him how happy you were for him".