Shattered Illusions

Mal and the gang stood shock in the doorway of the closet. The room was a mess with clothing scattered everywhere and accessories hanging off the ceiling.

But that's not what was the most shocking, a little bit by Evie's fashion side, it was the shattered shards of the mirror. Carefully, the gang stepped around the broken glass to investigate.

"Oh no." Evie furrowed her brows and pouted her lips. "All these costumes." She started gathering the clothing to repair any damages. "Don't worry, momma's gonna stitch you up better than ever!"

"Hold these Doug." Audrey commanded the dwarf as she helped the Evil Queen descendant.

Mal, Ben, and Jay kneeled down at the crime scene. Examining who did this and why. With magical ties within her, she stared at a particular shard and started to reach for it.

"Be careful, Mal. Glass can cut you." Ben stopped the dark fairy descendant's hand.

"No unless you use magic." She responds levitating the fragment with her index finger. "Low level magic's radiating off this piece."

"So if all the shards combined back into a whole," Jay started.

"Then there must of been a lot of magic in the mirror."  Ben concluded. "How could have this happen?"

"We already know how." The ex-thief replied.

"It shouldn't be 'how', more like 'who' and 'why'?" Mal spoke like a detective.

-----

Running after the dog wild mascot, the young descendant of Cruella De Vil stopped to catch his breath. Carlos had separated from his friends to solve the unusual behavior of Dude barking and chasing after nothing but an air.

It had turned out that he and Dude ran from the Auradon halls to the garden courtyard. It was filled with various flowers and mazes.

The breathless teenager fixed his attention on the little dog seemingly chasing its own tail, when in reality it wasn't.

Carlos took the opportunity to calm down Dude. It was an ultimate fail as the school mascot tangled itself in between the teenager's legs and tripping the ex-VK. He was about to fall head first except he didn't meet the ground.

"Be careful there Carlo." The invisible voice stops the young De Vil from falling.

Carlos jumps back in surprise and puts distance in between them as Dude begins to growl at the humanoid cat.

"Uh- it's okay Dude." He kneels down and pats the mutt. "She's cool." He says unsurely but the school mascot doesn't back down.

Treasure slowly appears from thin air with arms crossed as she nods her head and rolls her eyes at the dog's over-protectiveness. She lets out a puff of air and hisses at the mutt.

"Where's your friends De Vil?" The cat smiled in Carlos' direction as she ignored the dog beside him.

"A-around." He answered sneezing in the process. "Why are you here?"

Treasure let out a dramatic gasp in a fake hurtfulness as her hand was placed over her heart. "I thought you'd be ecstatic of my presence! And after all that time we used to spend in grade school."

The young De Vil pinched his nose to close any further sneezing or sniffling before responding.

"It's been a long time Tresh. Things change. So do people." He replied. "We can choose in who we want be and not be follow in our parent's steps." He shrugs.

"But what if I want to follow in my father's foot steps?" The kitten asks making Carlos backup. "What if I like who I am? And you, De Vil, are telling me, in order to be me, i shouldn't be myself. I shouldn't be proud of who I am. Who I'm meant to be? Or why i am the way I am?"

Treasure had the ex-VK stumbling over and sitting on the white garden bench. He was lost of words, speechless. The conversation just spiraled out of control into something that hadn't occur to him. Before he could answer that cat's questions, there was a scream of horror that came from the opposite side of the hedge behind Carlos.

Immediately, the two's attention snapped towards the direction the sound came from.

"OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!"

•~•~•~
It's been too long... And I do apologize.

Other than my procrastination, Here's 20% reasons why the delay:

1) I've songs written songs for the book but then I realized that you'd never know the melody or rhythm = Ultimately eliminating them completely.

2) I had so many inspirations that it led to layering and layering over previous ideas and concepts.

3) I try not to be similar to Ever After High. It makes feel like I'm copying and makes me want to be MORE original. But Ever After High is so freaking AMAZING.

4) I've recently watched Alice In Wonderland (1951), cartoon version, since Descendants decided to go with the classic than the 2010 version. So pretty much like research?

5) Vaguely similar to 3, I wanted to used different characters of Wonderland. Because their role is the MOST IMPORTANT reason why... *reveals story's plot line*

6) I know exactly how this story will end. Possibility for a second book is a 50/50.

7) Descendants 2 is coming out soon!

8) Oh, I'm also an 18 year old trying to graduate. But reality doesn't apply to fanfiction ;P