Chapter 20 - The Duvet Hogger.

Start from the beginning

I typed out a quick reply; I’d take a stolen pot noodle over this place right now.’

‘That bad?’

‘I’m thinking of running away and joining a nunnery.’

‘You wouldn’t last one day in a nunnery.’

‘What are you saying?’

‘I’m saying goodnight lennon, remember why you’re still there. night Xx.’

‘Night butthead xx.’

“Something funny?” I jumped at Harry’s voice and his close proximity. I hadn’t heard him leave the bathroom let alone appear over my shoulder. I threw my phone down onto the small table looking oddly suspicious but I was still shaken up from him startling me. 

“Just Dom.” I mumbled whilst getting into bed. 

Harry walked around the bed, switching the light off as he went and then climbed into bed too. I curled my arms into the duvet, enjoying the warmth until it was rudely taken away from me. 

“Okay we need to have a serious discussion about this.”

“What?” Harry mumbled into his pillow, his figure was turned away from me as I sat up in bed and propped myself up against the pillows.

“You.”

“Me?”

“Yes you. Duvet hogger.”

“Duvet hogger?” He chuckled, his voice was laced with tiredness. 

He spun over and tilted his head upwards, a cheeky smile prominent on his face. I pouted at his amused expression, he knew exactly what he had been doing, he made that clear. I pulled the duvet back but he was wrapped so tightly in my hands just slipped straight off the material. 

“You’d get more duvet if you didn’t sleep right on the edge of the bed.”

“I don’t!”

“You do.”

“Fine.” I shuffled an inch and a half over before trying to grab the duvet again but this gave him even more motivation to wind me up. “Harry.”

“Lennon.” He drew out my name just like I had done. “I don’t bite.”

“I know.”

“Do you not trust me?”

“You haven’t given me reason to trust you.”

“Have I given you a reason not to trust me?” He quipped back twice as fast. 

I was left stunned and once again I didn’t have a reply. Sucking it up I moved across the bed so I practically in the middle. I slithered down the pillows until I was lying down properly. Harry was still smiling but I refused to meet his playful stare. I laid flat on my back waiting for the duvet to be given to me. 

He threw half of the duvet on top of me but before I could wrap myself up in the newly warm material he swung his arm over my stomach underneath the duvet. He was trying to get me to roll over and face him, his fingers gently trying to pull my body. 

“Harry, what are you doing?” I muttered, sorting out the duvet around our woven bodies. He was making things more awkward than they needed to be.

“Sharing body heat.”

“Thanks but no thanks. You’re like a bloody radiator.”

“Oh c’mon you know you’re dying to lie in my arms.”