Chapter 20 - The Duvet Hogger.

Start from the beginning

“No.” I answered sincerely.

“I bet little miss Lennon gets around a lot, doesn’t she?” The wink at the end of Niall’s statement didn’t make it playful enough to not take it offensively. I cringed at the nickname he insisted on using and I felt a little hurt by the fact he assumed I slept around a lot. There was nothing wrong with having sex but I wasn’t the sort of person to open my legs for anyone and everyone. 

“No.” I repeated a little too quickly and eagerly. Niall’s eyebrows rose at my sudden answer and then smiled with a glint in his eye.

“Isn’t it what all uni students do though in their first year? Try and sleep with as many people as possible?”

“I was only there for a semester.”

“So what was it, ten, fifteen, twenty?”

“None.” I replied, teeth gritted and the can in my hand slowly being crushed.

“None?” He repeated, laughing amusingly. I felt more than uncomfortable with all the eyes on me, I felt like I was being judged with the spotlight shining bright on me.

“I bet you’re into older men then aren’t you? How many have them have you canoodled with?”

“Jesus don’t say canoodled and no I’m not into older men.” I grimaced and stood up, having had enough of the current topic I wanted out.

“Feisty, are you like that in bed too?”

“Will you shut up about my sex life? Bloody hell.

“Niall-“ Harry went to interject but the drunk Irish had other ideas.

“You’ve never done it ‘ave you?” 

I didn’t have a response to the question he put forth. Because it was hardly a question, more of a statement and he already knew the answer and my overwhelming silence gave it away to everyone else.  I bit down on my bottom lip, staring long and hard at the boy who was now sitting looking pleased with himself. I folded my arms across my chest and turned around as I spoke to no one in particular. 

“I’m going to bed.” 

I heard a low whistle as I left the room followed by the uproar of a conversation, probably one I didn’t want to hear. I climbed the stairs quickly and trapced through the hallway until I reached the bedroom. I sighed loudly as I shut the door behind myself, finally feeling like I could breathe without my every move being watched.

I grabbed my pyjamas on the way to the bathroom and changed inside, brushing my teeth as well as re-braiding my knotted hair. I was a little startled that when I reappeared in the bedroom Harry was there too. I almost jumped back when he looked at me from his position on the bed. He looked less drunk than ten minutes ago, his eyes were more alert and he was smiling like a fool anymore. 

“Are you alright?” He spoke once we were both settled with the presence of one another in the room.

“I’m fine. I’m a big girl, it was just a bit of banter and whatever.” I replied, moving over towards the bed and sat on my side. I checked my phone and smiled at the screen when it showed I had one new message.

“If you say so,” he muttered before he headed into the bathroom himself. 

I unlocked my phone and read over the text. ‘He fuckin ate my spicy beef pot noodle, shit is goin down.’ Apparently Dom was furious with Jason, nothing new there, except this time it was over a pot noodle. I let out a small laugh as I read over the message again.