Chapter Three

The next day she woke up to a call from her mom. Mrs.Davis greeted her daughter and asked if she would like to go to lunch, Kallee accepted her offer and after they talked a little longer hung up. When she got off of work and went to Candies Coffee Shop down the street from her apartment. Her mom was already seated at a booth in the corner so she went and sat down.
"Hi, Mom" she said as she sat in front of her "Hi, how's your day been?"
"Great actually, work and everything has been pretty good so far" She answered.
"That's great! It's good that you're settling in so well." her mom said, before Kallee had a chance to reply a waitress came by and asked "What can I get you today?" After she gathered the orders she walked away and Kallee said "How's dad been?" "He's been a bit happier now that you're closer" she answered. Kallee laughed "I'm happier too, now we can have family dinners and spend holidays together" "speaking of which your Birthday is next month, are you planning on doing anything big?" Her mother asked. "Nah, I'm thinking dinner with y'all and then chilling in my apartment" she said, "anything you want?" "Things for the apartment,gift cards, books, the usual. Oh and I made a friend at work, I figured I'd invite her to dinner so she could meet y'all." Kallee said. "That'd be fun" Mrs.Davis said as the waitress took their empty plates and bill, they stood and walked outside just as it started to rain. "Well,I need to pick up some things for your dad before I go home" Kallee kissed her mom on the cheek and said "Bye, Mom. Tell dad I said hi and that I'll come over soon." "He'll be happy when I tell him, Bye" "see you soon!".

—————

Matthew still lay in his bed thinking, but now his thoughts have changed.
Now he's thinking on the beautiful new nurse who came in yesterday with I broad smile on her face, she was different than the others. She not only wore skirts and longer sleeves but she also had a different spirit about her. I wonder why she's so happy, Matthew thought, she seems to have something that the rest of them don't. He was puzzled by her and wanted to find out just what she had that the rest didn't.