Chapter 1: Traps

DISCLAIMER:

I do NOT own Naruto/ Naruto Shippuden/ The Akatsuki/ All the other characters except for Hitomi. Masashi Kishimoto does.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: Traps

*1 Year Ago*

I was walking around the woods with no destination in mind. Well, I guess I’m just walking because I felt an unfamiliar presence in the village. I heard rustling from a nearby bush.

“Who’s there?!” I ask as I throw a kunai at it.

When nothing came out I sighed. “It must’ve been a rabbit or something.”

I continued walking while thinking about what to make for dinner.

“Kyaa!” I screamed.

“Who would put a trap here?! Gahh!” I shouted, getting an anime vein as I tried to cut the rope that was holding my foot with a kunai. (The trap is like the one Naruto fell for when team 7 was trying to take a bell from Kakashi)

“Are you sure this is her? She seems really stupid.” I heard someone say while chuckling.

“Who was that?! And who are you calling stupid?!” I shouted.

“No need to yell, we’re just here to check up on some things.” Another voice said.

“What do you want with my village?!” I asked.

“Nothing, but we will come back for you in a year so be prepared.” The 2nd voice said.

“What?! Oi! Don’t leave me hanging here! Hey!” I shouted.

After a few minutes of struggling with the rope I was finally free. I looked around hoping to find the mysterious people but they were gone. I sighed and made my way back to the village to prepare dinner.

*Present*

I can’t seem to forget about the people who came to my village a year ago. Sometimes I would find myself wondering if they would actually take me. ‘Do I want them to take me?’ I would ask myself but the answer was always ‘I’m not sure’.

I sighed. They’ve probably forgotten about me by now. Oh well, I guess I’ll ask for a new mission.

*After she receives a mission*

I was walking through the woods when I heard a sound. It sounded familiar so I looked down and, sure enough, there was a trap like the one I fell for a year ago.

“Well, at least she didn’t fall for it this time.” The 1st voice said. “Maybe she’s not that stupid after all.”

“Be quiet, Kisame.” The 2nd voice said.

“Who are you?” I asked, trying to determine where the voices were coming from.

Two men stepped out from the shadows.

“I am Uchiha Itachi and this is Hoshigaki Kisame. We’ve come to recruit you into our organization, Akatsuki.” The 2nd voice, Itachi, said.

“Akatsuki? I’veheard of you but don’t you only recruit S-class criminals?” I asked while glaring at them.

“Apparently, Leader-sama has taken an interest in you so you’ll have to come with us.” Itachi said.

“I don’t understand why Leader-sama would want her to join us. I mean, she must not be worth our time is she fell into that weird trap last time.” Kisame said.

“What did you say, you shark-“ I got an anime vein as I stepped closer to him.

“Kyaa!” I screamed as I fell into a hole and they both sweat dropped.

“She couldn’t even avoid that trap. Are you sure she’s worth our time?” Kisame asked.

“It’s Leader-sama’s orders.” Itachi said.

“Hey! Get me out of this hole!” I shouted.

“Yeah, yeah. Here.” Kisame said while holding out his hand.

I stared at it and said “Never mind, I’ll get out of this hole on my own.”

Kisame looked hurt. “Is it because of my blue skin that you don’t want to touch me?” he asked.

I stared at him and said “No, it’s just that I don’t like having physical contact with males. Well, except if I’m fighting them.”

“Oh.” He said.

“So, will you come with us willingly or do we have to force you? Either way you’re coming with us.” Itachi said.

“There’s no way I am going to go with you.” I said as I turned around and ran but I only got to take a few steps before I hit my head on a tree branch.

“This girl really is an idiot.” Kisame said as I started to lose consciousness.