Chapter One

It was a bright and sunny Thursday morning, When Kallee moved into her apartment, she was feeling a little sad about leaving her home in California. She had lost her job about a month ago, and lost her house with it. She moved to Oklahoma City, to be closer to family and to find a better job. She had grown up in an Apostolic Pentecostal environment, and decided to go to her old church, Apostolic Tabernacle, with her parents and sister. Her sister, Sadee, was the first person to know about her move. Sadee and their parents had been happy that Kallee was moving so close to them. Now they could have prayer meetings and dinners together.  Now she just had to unpack a couple more boxes and find a job.
----------------------------------------------
While Kallee is unpacking, Matthew Evans lays on a hospital bed staring at the ceiling. He is paralyzed,  from the waist down, because of an unfortunate accident that killed both of his parents and almost killed him. He feels like he isn't worth a thing and he's unlovable. As the Nurses come and go, his mind flashes back to the crash. They were singing along to K-Love, when they saw bright lights racing towards them, and before they could react the pickup truck ran straight into their car. Matthew was barely breathing when the ambulance got to the crash. Dr.Capling said it was a miracle that he was alive, but he wasn't so sure.
----------------------------------------------