Chapter 38 - Uninvited Guest

Ellie POV

Everybody was celebrating on winning the war even though I don't know what the hell happened out there and Ramond won't even tell me! But it was now history. Our men are still on high alert for Lorenzo even my Dad been desperately hunting him down but no signs of him what so ever has been detected on our territory.

I was due tomorrow which scared me. I'm gonna be a Mum to triplets! Ramond hasn't left my side once since he's scared that my water will break without him around.

I was huge, I felt mentally and physically exhausted after all the stress I've been going through. "I can't wait till they're born" he grinned.

"Nor can I so I can put my shoes on by myself again" Ramond playfully rolled his eyes at that. I gasped. "What? What!" "They're just kicking" I giggled.

Ramond let out a sigh of relief. He got down on one knee placing his hands on my large swollen stomach. He felt the kick which made him smile. "They're very active aren't they?" "Oh I know"

"Don't worry little ones you'll soon meet your gorgeous mummy" he leaned in kissing my bump.

He stood back up pecking my lips.

Next Day

"Do you need anything?" I shook my head no. He sat down beside me. "How do you feel?" "Fine right now" I shrugged. "Hmm" "What?" "Just wondering what to do if you're overdue" "You take me to the hospital" I said in a duh tone. He playfully rolled his eyes.

Elliot walked in. "Come and join us we're having a family BBQ for the celebration of our soon to be new family members" "Really?" "C'mon, even your father there Ramond. Hurry up soon to be parents"

Ramond helped me up. I heard him chuckling knowing he was watching me waddle. "Shut up" I groaned. "It's still adorable" he chuckled.

After like a decade, I finally made it downstairs! "Congratulations I'm now 100 years old" "Ok, how come all of sudden you're the one with the sarcastic comments?" "What can I say, you really have rubbed up on me" he winked. "Dirty or..." "ELLIE!" I giggled giving him a wink back. He just shook his head smiling.

Elliot was right, even our friends were here. "Ellie! How are my grandbabies doing?" Derek asked. "Not wanting to come out that's for sure" I rolled my eyes making him laugh. "Don't worry they will soon pop out and son make sure you don't pass out" "Just because you did doesn't meant I will" he snorted.

"Wait you-" "No! No I didn't" "Mum always told me and it made her laugh so much she had tears" "Hey I didn't faint on you did I?" "Because you didn't even look" "Wow big bad Derek couldn't handle child birth" he playfully glared at me.

"Sweetheart!" My Dad called me over where Elliot was with him. "One sec" I waddled over to my Dad. "Yes?" "I uh have a letter for you and Elliot. I was meant to give it to you both on your 18th but with everything happening. I thought now was the perfect time. It was from your mother"

My breath hitched in my throat as Elliot was speechless. "Here" I slowly took the envelope staring at her handwriting of my name and Elliot's. I looked up to him. He slowly nodded. I carefully opened it as we read it.

"My dearest Elliot and Ellie, I'm writing this in case anything happens to me or to your father, If anything does happen to us I want you to know that we both love you and have tried our hardest to protect you

"My dearest Elliot and Ellie, I'm writing this in case anything happens to me or to your father, If anything does happen to us I want you to know that we both love you and have tried our hardest to protect you. I want to make a promise. Three things you would have that I never did. A safe home. Someone to tell you that they love you every single day and someone to fight for you no matter what. In other words. A family. I love you. And my little boy, protect your sister at all 'cause. Mama loves you both"

My hands shook as Elliot had a few tears falling. He wrapped his arms around me as he let me cry into his chest. "She never broke that promise" my Dad voice broke. He cleared his throat. I looked to him and slowly nodded.

"It's such a sad time isn't it?" I looked up. My eyes widen as I saw Ramond being held hostage with a knife pressed against his throat.

"Lorenzo..."