Changing The Future For You (Twilight Fan Fiction)

Hey. so this is my first story. It's a twilight fan fiction so all characters and such like belong to Stephanie Meyer. Let me know what you think! thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PREFACE

EPOV

I sat in my room listening to Alice's thoughts as she flitted around.

Honestly Edward, I don't see why you don't just go to Alaska! I'm sure Tanya would love that. She thought, a small smirk gracing her face and she changed the clothes in my wardrobe for the fifth time that month.

I growled lowly at her, not raising my eyes from the book in my hand. It was a worn copy of Great Expectations, something that I'd read over a hundred times, yet still managed to grip me with its words. It astounded me how humans thought the lives they lived were horrible... yet they had an escape. A simple cut to the vein, a jump off a cliff and it's all over for them. With us... that was near impossible. There was no escape for a monster.

I was brought out of my daily musings by Alice shouting my name.

"Edward? C'mon, something has come for you in the post." She grabbed my wrist and ran down the stairs, bringing us to a stop before our adoptive mother, Esme. A package was in her hands, and a small smile plastered on her delicate lips. Her thoughts entered my mind before I could stop them.

Oh I do hope Edward will one day be happy, he deserves it more than anyone. I sighed at her selflessness before closing my mind off to anyone's thoughts.

Esme handed me the package and walked towards the couch, patting the space next to her once she had sat down. Being vampires, we had no actual need for comfort, but living around humans for so long made these things almost a subconscious habit.

Once I was sat down, with Alice one side of me and Esme the next, I opened the package and peered inside. There was a note on top of four books, stacked one on top of the other. I picked up the note at the same time that Alice squealed in delight. I tried reading her thoughts to see what she was so happy about, but she was translating the whole of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet into Korean, trying to keep me out of her thoughts. I frowned slightly before opening the note and reading it out loud.

"Dear Edward, What you are about to read is nothing but the truth. It may come as a shock, but I need you to keep an open mind at all times. Think of these books as your future, a guide to what you will soon encounter. Now, the ink that has placed these words on these pages can never be erased, but YOU can stop these pages from becoming reality. It may seem confusing now, but trust me when I say it will all make sense soon enough.

Remember Edward, you control your own fate. Don't make the same mistakes written in these books.

Forever your fan, Stephanie Meyer."

I re-read the letter, checking I had read it right, before lifting my eyes to meet the confused ones of Esme and the overly excited ones of Alice.

"Urm... I guess-" I was cut off by the door opening and Jasper, Emmett, Carlisle and Rosalie returning from their hunt. Their eyes took in the faces of us three, confused, worried and excited before Carlisle stepped forward.

"Edward, what's going on?" He asked, slipping his hand onto Esme's shoulder from behind the couch. Alice answered before i had a change to order my thoughts.

"Edward got a present that will apparently tell us his future. They're books, believe it or not" Her voice took on a teasing edge, seemingly out of place, given the scenario.

"Right, well, let's read them then, shall we?" Carlisle said before settling himself beside Esme. The others all gathered around on the available seats, looking at me expectantly.

I sighed and grabbed the first book. It had two pale hands holding an apple, with the title 'twilight' written in cursive writing. I took an unnecessary breath before opening to the preface. I opened my mouth and began to read.

"I'D NEVER GIVEN MUCH THOUGHT TO HOW I WOULD DIE - though I'd had enough reason in the last few months - but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this..."