Lingering Feelings

After a long day of deliveries Kiki finally arrives to her room behind Osono's Bakery. She lands and sighs out of accomplishment from all her hard work. Jiji jumps off the broom and stretches.

"Ahhhh! Finally! I'm feeling sore after all that on and off the broom!"

"Oh Jiji! stop being such a baby! We do this every day." Kiki exclaims giving a chuckle. "I need to start getting showered and dressed so I can get to Tombo's before it gets really late." She says as she walks up the stairs to her room.

"Well while you go on your little date I will be with Lilly and tuck the kids in." Climbing to the roof to get to his beloved. Kiki looks out the window and tells him.

"Its NOT a date Jiji! You know that better than anyone!" Angrily making a sour face."Be careful if you come home late. Stay with Lilly if it is." Making her way back in to get ready.

"Same to you Kiki!" The black cat says. Kiki looks at the time and didn't realize it was already so late.

"Oh no! Its already 7!" Rushing to get some cloths so she can shower at Osono's place. As soon as she finished her shower she head back to her room already dressed to go and gets her broom. "I'll just let my hair dry a bit with the wind." She said as she got out of the room, down the stairs, and on to her broom on her way to Tombos home.

Tombo POV

"What's taking Kiki so long..." I thought as I waited in my backyard for Kiki to arrive. I stand up and start walking a bit to stretch my legs. I look up to the sky with no sign of her. "I hope shes okay." I think to myself when suddely I see her heading towards me. I put my hands in my pockets and step back a bit as she started landing. "You sure took a while." I said with my usual smile when I see Kiki.

"Sorry Tombo. I had a bit more deliveries than usual." As she walks towards me. Her hair looks a little more puffy than usual. I started laughing and Kiki just looks at me with a confused face. "Whats so funny?" she says with a now annoyed tone.

"You're hair!" I touched it to show how puffy it was. She then feels her hair and got a little embarrassed.

"Well unless you wanted to wait here longer, I decided to let the wind dry my hair as I flew." Combing her hair down with her fingers. My laughter calms down as I make my way to my house.

"Okay okay Kiki." Opening the door. "C'mon. Lets get this movie started. Ill let you use my comb." She walks in and I just smile. I walk to my room to get her the comb and hand it to her. She immediatly starts brushig down her hair. I get the vhs in and get ready to start it.

End POV

Kiki's POV

"Oh! what about popcorn!" I urged as Tombo was getting the movie started. I stood up from the couch and went to put the popcorn into microwave. Tombo decided to sit on a chair as he waited for me. I look to him and notice he was staring at me. Whats with him?

"You look pretty Kiki." He calmly said with that smile of his. He occasionally makes little remarks like that but were just friends. Nothing more. I mean... there was that one time when he confessed to me back then but that was wayyyy back when I first arrived to Koriko. I doubt he feels the same.

"Oh kock it off Tombo." I laughed. He followed my laugh a moment after.

"Im serious." He said, then changing the subject. " Anyways my parents went on that vacation I told you about and I was planning on going but we have a meeting for the club tomorrow." He started talking as I nodded my head. Wait... his voice sounds a little different. It sounds less boyish then it usually does. Since when did that happen. I looked at him a little closer and also notice that his facial structure is a little more masculan as well... Whoa... WAIT! NO! I mean. Its Tombo. The same Tombo Ive known.