Meet the Parents

Draco tossed and turned for hours. It was not only that the couch was extremely uncomfortable (for he had protested sharing a bed with Granger after what she had done), but the image of his parents' faces when they learned how he had totally fucked up would not stop playing in his head. There had been so much they had allowed him to get away with in past years because of their shame of what his life had become during war—but this? For fuck sakes, his mother still went throughout their refined circles looking for a suitable wife for him. They had lost the war and suffered a terrible downfall after it, yes, but one thing did not change about Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy—and that was their pride. Their family will remain pure upon their very lives. They cherished their family tree more than they did the gold in their vaults (and that was saying a lot considering that money was very important to them). Now Draco had damaged it, and he doubted they would be forgiving over such a reckless act.

The moonlight pouring in through his living room window turned to sunlight by the time Draco managed to sleep. Unconsciousness impacted his exhausted body like he was rammed into a wall of bricks. Blackness hazed over his mind for three hours. Then it turned to a nightmare. What woke him up was not a memory plagued by the Dark Lord, Death Eaters, or the consequences of war. No, what woke him up gasping, his heart erratically banging in his chest, was the flashback of his naked body over Granger's.

They had just apparated to his flat—miraculously un-splinched since their sense of directionality was blurred by the alcohol running in their veins. Draco shoved her against the wall, pinning her against it as his mouth devoured her and his hands pulled on those tight garments she looked unexpectedly delectable in. When her hands began to do the same with his attire, clothes now flying everywhere, he got a glimpse of how stunning she was. Of course he had appreciated her appearance back in his club, but now, with her chest heaving, her curls tangled from his fingers tugging at them, and her lips swollen from being passionately kissed, he saw her beauty. It took his breath away; just as it did back in their Fourth Year at the Yule Ball (not that he had ever admitted that to anyone). But he wasn't there to recount old memories. He was there to devour her. To make her his—even if for a night.

He grabbed the back of her bare thighs and hoisted her up. She instantly wrapped her legs around his waist as he made way for his bedroom. Her mouth had been on his neck, tentatively biting into his skin as he finished undoing his trousers. He threw her onto his bed and she eagerly awaited for him to be just as bare as her. Although his conscience was fogged by liquor, a part of him kept waiting for her to backtrack, to realize who she was with and run as far as she could. But that never came. Instead her finger motioned him forward, inviting him in. And, really, who was Draco to deny her anything?

It was odd how they fit. It was odd how it felt like home. It was odd that he felt anything at all beyond the obvious physical sensations. There was so much more happening than he could comprehend in his drunken, lustful state. As he looked down at her drowning in the waves of passion, at her brown eyes glittering gold with ecstasy, all he knew was that she was dangerous. And that thought itself is what woke Draco up.

Muttering a curse to himself, he rose from the couch. He stretched his limbs, hearing them crack after hours of restraining discomfort. The smell of savory food was in the air. He scowled at the direction of the kitchen. Thinking that was where Granger would be, Draco grabbed his wand from the center table and marched to his bedroom.

He was about to enter his room when he stopped at the voices inside. He pushed his back against the crook of his door, slyly peering in. Granger was there, but she was not alone.

"You are courageous, I'll give you that," Pansy said to Granger. She sat at the edge of the bed, watching as the latter fretted over a selection of dresses.