Sasa's Dollhouse

A/N: Super, super thank you talaga kay OreoRainbow because dahil sa kanya, mabubuhay na muli ang kwento ni Sasa at Pangga.

Office of Senator Risa Hontiveros, Senate of the Philippines, September 2017

Nothing could possibly ruin Risa's day today.

Issa, her daughter, treated her to another milkshake that morning, the technical working group meeting for the Super Barangay Health Station bill went smoothly, and to top things all off, her privilege speech meant she managed to get an unexpected amount of support for the Anti-Discrimination Bill on the third and final reading after a decades-long battle starting from even before she stepped in the House of Representatives.

And now she just got a text from Leni. "Hi, Mahal. Sunduin kita diyan sa Senate. Hiihihi..."

She let out a happy sigh. "Ang sweet mo naman, Pangga."

At this rate, nothing could ever possibly go wrong.

Risa entered her office and sat in front of the dollhouse she brought from her house and into her office. A simple wood house with wooden furniture - one sized just right for the polymer clay figurines Risa had commissioned a little while back. One for herself, one for each of her four children, and one of Frank standing on the shelf above the house.

Not a day passed without her playing with the dolls, or even just chatting with them how they're doing. Creepy for someone in her golden years, one might say, but with everyone's busy lives, it's one of the few things that kept her grounded, centered.

But there's one figurine missing from the picture. The one Risa took out from her bag and brought along with her. The one of Leni's image and likeness.

Risa grinned and stroked the Leni figure's head. "Hi, Pangga. Miss na kita. See you later pag-uwi, ha?"

She then gave the figure a quick kiss and set it down on the shelf. When Risa stood up and walked to the bathroom, her hand accidentally hit the figure and sent it crashing on the floor. 

Risa's heart stopped. "Oh my God!"

She headed back and picked up the pieces of the Leni figure one by one, apologizing profusely while choking up tears. "Sorry, Pangga. I'm sorry. I'm sorry"

She took some glue stashed in her office and glued the fragments of the figure together. She managed to get the figure intact, but some holes remained around the chest area of the mini Leni figure. She did what she could but alas it wasn't enough to piece everything back together. 

She couldn't find all the pieces anymore.

Just in time, Leni's text came in telling her she's ready to pick her up on the side entrance. Risa sighed and placed the figure back in the dollhouse beside her own figure before grabbing her bag and making her way down to the side entrance where Leni waited for her.