Chapter 19

Dead. Dead was the word to describe Tyler. He was killed that night, although Josh hadn't wanted to admit it. He got no funeral, no goodbye, just death.

Sure, he went down saving his best friend and wife. But that didn't change the fact that he was dead.

Josh could still hear the gun shot in his mind, the hefty cry that Jenna gave out when she heard it. That was the last night Josh heard or saw Jenna give off any feelings. Now-a-days she just sits around and mopes.

Don't get me wrong, Josh would never move on. But he got over the feeling of pain and ignored it. He simply found distractions.

Drums was a big part of those distractions. He practiced day in and day out. Really not stopping for anything.

Tyler's mom was killed, most likely by the same men that killed Tyler. She was found, neck broken, in her own living room. A horrible sight. Josh flinched at the scene, trying not to cry. But Jenna just nodded, not smiling but not frowning. He couldn't describe the look. Disappointed? He wasn't sure.

Josh never moved on. He sat there. Until he couldn't take anymore. Taking the thing he never thought he could hold again, a gun, and putting it to his head.

"See you soon, Ty."