The Hard Truth

Começar do início

Stiles and I glanced at eachother before nodding, following Scott out the door.

As we left, I couldn't help but feel strange about leaving Theo alone.

"So who exactly is the next chimera?" I asked Scott as he loaded his bike in the back of the jeep. "It's Hayden."

I raised my eyebrows. "Hayden? As In Liam and Hayden?" He nodded as we got into the jeep. "Liam found out, brought her to our house. She locked herself in the bathroom." I nodded as we drove down the road.

"Hayden?" Scott questioned as he knocked on the door. "It's Scott." Liam stood across the room, pacing around nervously.

"We want to help." Scott pleaded, leaning against the wall.

Her heartbeat thumped throughout my head. I walked over to Liam, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I can hear her heart beating. She's really freaked out. What happened?" I questioned him, crossing my arms.

He sighed. "She was okay when we got here." He said, glancing at the bathroom door. "I went to text Scott for two seconds and she locked herself in."

"Why?" I further questioned as he shook his head. "I don't know."

"She's definitely a Chimera?" Scott came over to us as Liam nodded. "She said she heard a voice saying, 'Your condition improves."

"Okay, that's unsettling." Stiles muttered as he walked over to the door. "Hayden This is Stiles." He said. "Your sister works for my dad down at the station."

He sighed as silence continued to fill the air. "Look, just open the door, okay? You can trust us." Stiles sighed, causing me to step forward.

"Hayden." I said, lightly knocking on the door. "This is Aubrey." I started. "We just need to tell you the trust, Hayden. And trust me, this kind of thing usually is better face-to-face." I paused, waiting for her to respond.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk, or if you're not ready to believe us. But we just gotta know that you're okay in there." I finished, stepping back away from the door.

Suddenly, I heard a click, the door creaked open. Scott placed a hand on the door, slowly pushing it open.

Hayden stood there, her eyes a bright yellow, her hands equipped with claws. She looks up at us in horror. "I believe you."

Stiles, Scott, and I all met in the library the next day. We vowed to Liam that we'd protect Hayden from the Dread Doctors.

"We're back at telluric currents?" Stiles questioned as Scott pulled out a map, showing all the currents in Beacon Hills.

"If the Dread Doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden." Scott stated as I crossed my arms. "Okay, so, besides Eichen, where's the strongest convergence?"

Scott placed his hand over the highschool. "We're standing on it."

"You want us to hide her in the high school?" Stiles questioned as Scott nodded. "For how long?"

Scott shrugged his shoulders. "If we have to, all night. Liam convinced Hayden not to say anything to her sister yet. She's working a double tonight, and she thinks Hayden's staying at a friend's."

"But it's just a school though." I said, crossing my arms. "You know, it's not exactly a fortress."

"Lydia's got an idea for that." Scott retorted. "Remember how Valack quoted Telsa?" Stiles nodded. "Frequency and Vibration."

"Exactly. She thinks he wasn't saying that just to sound smart. She thinks maybe it was a clue."

"To do what?" I asked. "Disrupt their frequency." "Parrish took there cell phone jammers from the station." Scott continued. "He thinks he can broaden their range of frequency. It's a long shot, but it's the best we've got right now."