Chapter 11

For the first time in a long time, I was really, truly happy. Not just the ordinary happiness where you felt at ease and were able to give genuine smiles at will. I meant the type of happy where you feel like you're floating on a cloud and nothing can bring you down. The kind where you can't get the smile to go away even if you wanted it to.

I had an sweet, amazing guy wanting to be my boyfriend. He was the first guy that had shown real interest in me in a long time, though Samantha said otherwise. More importantly he was someone I liked who didn't mind that I had a six year old brother to support, or that I wasn't as outgoing or fun as some other girls. He liked me for me, baggage and all, and that made me want to be with him even more.

After walking around the playground, we sat on a bench, where I had a clear view of Jake, and talked for a while.

"Would you like to meet some friends of mine sometime? They keep on bugging me about introducing you to them," he said out of the blue. He was facing forward as he asked the question, but he kept glancing sideways at me like he was nervous.

"Sure," I smiled, "Is there anything I need to be worried about? You seem nervous."

"Not really. My friends are just a bit... different."

I couldn't help laughing. Well, it was more of a snort really.

"My friend Samantha is the basically the definition of different. I'm sure I can handle it."

"Okay, thanks," he seemed relieved, "Maybe now I can finally get them off my back then."

"I'm happy to be of service."

He simply chuckled and pulled me into a hug. I was instantly surrounded by warmth and Titus's scent, something very hard to describe, but was very nice and refreshing.

"You're amazing. You know that right?" Titus said, resting his head on mine.

I could feel my face heat up before I replied, "I like to think that I have my moments."

                                                                          ***

After we went back to my apartment, we made plans for me to meet Titus's friends the following week. Samantha was waiting for us when we got to the apartment, so Titus was there when she bombarded me with questions. She was extremely excited when I told her about Titus asking me to be his girlfriend. For a full minute Samantha was grinning at us like a maniac. Titus leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Do you think she's okay?"

"Just wait. She'll be back to normal in a minute."

Sure enough she snapped out of it before running over to us and initiating a very awkward group hug.

"I knew you two would end up together," she practically yelled. A second later she jumped back and turned to Titus, "If you so much as harm a hair on her arm I will not hesitate to shackle you to a wall in my dungeon and get an army of turtles to eat you."

Titus looked at me quizzically. I shrugged. Samantha always said the weirdest stuff.

The silence was finally broken by Titus, "You have a dungeon?"

She scoffed as if it should be obvious, "Doesn't everybody have a room they reserve stuff like that?"

A/N   So I'm just going to state the obvious and say that it has been way too long since I've updated. I have been really busy with school. I'm taking highschool and college classes and I'm going to graduate early so I have to apply to colleges and stuff, but since it's Thanksgiving and I'm on break I decided to write some. I know it's not long, but I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading. 😊