Untitled Part 7

Waiting. That is all I have been doing. Waiting for me to want to do more. Face my fears. Knowing that I have no idea what is going to be the result is scary. Gemma, Harry's sister, and I are becoming friends. She and I want to put together a social, with people I have met and that I need to reconvene and have a good time with. "Is Harry going to be there?" I ask her over the phone. 

"He says he will come if you want him to. However, he is going to bring a date." I twitch at the mention of a new date. I mean we weren't dating.... were we? I just said we would move slowly and continue being friends, that was a week or so ago. I haven't talked to him since I told him to leave. "Mariana, you have to move on. I know this is hard to hear, and it is hard for me to admit it, but I think he is getting serious with this girl." Serious? It has been a week. "Serious for him. Meaning he hasn't done the deed yet." I nod and I see the situation in front of me. 

"What if I hire someone to be my S.O?" I ask and it seems so strange. "I mean he will see through it but what if I can sense the BS on his end too?" I ask. 

"Cool. Okay, I will help you. When is your next therapist appointment?" A month ago I started to see a doctor twice a week. I am progressing. I was the one who remembered Gemma and contacted her a week ago. 

"Tomorrow at noon. Do you want to have lunch together afterwards?" 

After my appointment, I did what I hoped would happen. Gemma and I are meeting for lunch and I am excited. She said that her friend wants to meet me. Wonder who he is. I hope that he could pull me out of the darkness for a bit. "Gemma, I am on my way, I will be there in ten to fifteen minutes." I heard him in the background and his voice sounds so resonant and deep.

"Okay, we'll see you soon." She tells me. Gemma seems like she is excited.

*Gemma's POV*

"So Greg, I know that this is new to you, but I want her and you to hit it off. It will mean a lot for her social..." I let him know for the umpteenth time.

"Gemma, don't worry, I got this. What you have told me, makes me think she is cool. I know that this isn't official. We might not feel a spark, but it would be enough to act for the night." He tells me and I smile and nod. Although I want my brother to be happy, I think he needs to know what he wants and needs to be happy, not just drag people down in front of him and along with him.

*Harry's POV*

"Baby, why can't we do this?" Angel has been asking me about hang gliding in Mexico. "I mean you told me yourself you love adventure, well adventure is out this way." She points to the brochure.

"Angel, I have something to do tomorrow night," I tell her. She is so different than me and I get it, she may be a little bit out of my league, but she is staying with me...for me. I never thought this would make me feel so loved and happy. "You should go on a girls' night. I know you haven't done it since we started dating. Go on, get a drink and hang with friends." I let her know. She knows that I am going to my parents' house for an event but I didn't dare say that she could come. Gemma only assumes I am bringing her along. "You know what... do you want to go tomorrow?"

"Meet your family and friends? You never talk about them. Sure. It will be fun. I need a new outfit." She says and she looks in her closet and I know that she is going to ask me to use the credit card. She is almost maxing it out. Even though I took Mariana out a ton of times, it was because I saved up my drug money... with Angel, she drains whatever I have. I have only been 'dating' her for about a week, and she has spent over 1,000 quid.  Angel has taken half of the money I have in a checking account. 

"Here, Ange." I gave her my credit card and I am just about losing my mind. "I am going to cook dinner tonight. I know that you are going to go for a few drinks, hang with friends, and shop, but just letting you know." I tell her and she looks at me like she is offended. "Why are you always offended by what I say? If that is how it is....give me my card back and get the hell out of my house!" She cries, but hands the card over and this is the first time that I don't give two shits about the girl in the scenario.