1

Malinda in the mm

"Look at you! God, I missed you so much!" I squealed, hugging his large frame as best I could.

"I missed you more baby girl." He responded, his voice low, as he wrapped his arms around me.

It's been 10 years since I last saw him. 10 long years. I wasn't a little girl anymore, and I'm sure he realized such as he eyed my physique.

"You sure did grow up on a nigga," he says, still eyeing me.

"That's kinda what happens, ya know. Things change after 10 years." I say smartly.

Shonari was my brother's best friend. They had been close long as I could remember. I had a crush on him, a big crush. He had girlfriends, all of which whom I hated, but at the time, he only thought of me as his little sister.

He got locked up, the first time, for about five years, possession charges. He came home, got a job, had his head on straight. I seemed to be even more attracted to him. His then, lanky lean frame, had my adolescent mind wandering. I had serious heart eyes for the kid.

He gets a girlfriend, Brandi, with an i. Things are serious with this one. I'm talking marriage and a baby serious. I couldn't stand the bitch. She was weird, and, call it a woman's intuition, but I just knew she was playing him. And she was. He got locked up again, on account of her this time. She ran off, sending him messages about her abusive ex, basically telling him to save her. He leaves the city, locked and loaded, the bitch set him up, calls the cops on him when he shows up. His dumb ass throws the gun and the weed he had on him, and then gave the cops a fake name. Judge gives him 10 years.

We kept in touch the couple of years, but things fell apart when he got moved to the state prison. With me finishing high school and starting my life, I honestly tried so hard to forgot about him. I dreamt of him so many times, of us. Til I finally had the thought of him suppressed.

Until the call.