Chapter 1

So i've been posting this story on another website, and it is no longer letting me post. so i came here, and I'm posting it on wattpad:D So, comment and enjoy! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hannah Walker's POV

As I walked into the famous Palm Woods hotel, I smiled at new faces surrounding me. This was it. I was finally starting in a fresh town, trying my best to do something that I loved; acting. Everything seemed perfect here, even the people. Everyone seemed to be smiling, laughing and just having a good time. And I knew, that when someone else that was new here was walking through the lobby, they would look at me and think the same thing.

Now, assuming that I was going to have a great time here, wasn't my safest bet. As I walked over towards the front desk to get my key, my phone rang, interrupting this perfect moment. I looked at the caller ID; Mom.

"Hey, Mom," I answered, and I heard her sigh in relief.

"Hi, Hannah. I just wanted to make sure you got to LA okay, and that you got to the Palm Woods," My mom said, and I rolled my eyes, chuckling a bit.

"I'm at the Palm Woods now. I'm about to get my room key," I replied.

"Okay, good. So, I'll let you get settled in, but not to settled in. You know the promise you made me," My mom said, sternly. I sighed, knowing the exact promise she was talking about.

Before leaving to board onto the plane this morning, my mom made me promise that if the first acting job I tried out for didn't work, I had to come home. Of course, I tried explaining to her that it was very unlikely that I was going to get a job the first time I tried out for one. But she didn't listen, and told me that I would have to come home because I might continue to get turned down, and she would miss me. She didn't tell me that last part, but I knew that's where she was going with it.

"I know, I know. I'll call you later, Mom," I said, and I could basically hear her smiling.

"Okay, Sweetie. Have fun! Bye," She said, before hanging up. I slid my phone into my back pocket before proceeding to the front desk.

*~*~*

After getting my room key and dropping my bags off in my apartment - 2D - I decided to take a tour around the Palm Woods. I would need to know my way around, and if I get lost, hopefully I'll be able to manage to find the lobby.

I walked off the elevator, and walked deeper into the lobby. I started to look around the lobby, totally oblivious on what was going on around me. I should have been paying more attention to where I was going, because I walked straight into someone. "Oh, I'm so sorry."

"It's fine," The girl smiled, and I returned the gesture.

"Hi, I'm Hannah," I said, sticking my hand out for her to shake.

"Hi, I'm Jay," Jay said, shaking my hand. "Are you new here? I've never seen you around."

"Yeah, I just got here today," I said, smiling. "I decided to give myself a tour because I don't know my way around."

"Oh, well, I can join you. I can be your tour guide," Jay joked, and I laughed.

"Alright," I said, and Jay and I started to walk around the Palm Woods.

While walking around the Palm Woods, Jay and I got to know each other better. Jay was here because she was a model; and I could tell why. Jay had big, brown eyes, and her smile seemed perfect, if that was possible. Her brown, wavy hair seemed like she barely had to stlye it in the morning before getting ready. Jay also was extremely nice and very relaxed, which probably made her easy to work with. So I'm sure she's done tons of photoshoots and runways.

I explained to her all about be becoming an actress, and the promise I had made my mom. She agreed that it was stupid, and that I was going to need more than one try to get a role. But hey, it's my mom we're talking about. She's a little insane sometimes.

"Well, thanks for the tour!" I said, as we reached the lobby, where we had started.

"It's no problem. Maybe we can hang out sometime," Jay said, and I nodded.

"That would be great. I should probably get going; got to call Mommy," I joked, and Jay laughed.

"Alright, well have fun with that."

"Oh I will. Bye!" I said, walking over to the elevators, and Jay waved. I think that we are going to be really good friends, I thought as the elevator doors closed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's very short, i know! chapters will get longer! comment and tell me what you think! :)