Fix What Was Wrong

Chapter One 

Riker's POV

The first month after the accident was the hardest.

Ratliff would live. He was put on bed rest for a week after his surgery. The doctor said he would make a full recovery.

Rydel was different. Rydel wasn't fighting as much as she should be. Rydel was slipping away.

After Riker saw her that day, she started seizing. She shook and shook as Riker stood over her, helpless.

The doctors said she had fallen into a coma. She was still alive, but she couldn't move. It was just another set back.

Riker called the boys right after it happened. He was speechless. She was fine, perfectly fine just moments before. He had hugged her. He had kissed her forehead. And now she was slipping away.

"What's wrong Riker?" Ross answered the phone. They had all gone home to clean up before returning to the hospital to see Rydel and Ellington. Riker had decided he wanted to stay.

"It's Delly" he whispered, hoping that if he said it low enough it might not be real.

"What's wrong with her Riker?" He heard fear in Ross' voice. "Is she okay?"

He shook his head. Then, remembering that Ross couldn't see him, he said it out loud.

"No she's not" he forced back tears. "Ross she's in a coma. You guys need to get up here"

He thought he heard Ross crying on the other end, but he couldn't be sure.

"We'll be right there" he answered before hanging up the phone.

Riker dropped his phone on the floor, and slowly sank down until he was sitting up against the wall.

He rested his head in his hands, and cried.

He cried for Ratliff; because all he wanted was to be with his best friend. He cried for Calum; because he was given mixed emotions. He cried for his brothers; because they might lose their only sister. Most of all, he cried for Rydel. She had waited, 4 years for her one true love. She had waited, and her so called "hero" had taken that away from her.

He cried because he had ruined everything. That one decision, that one choice. He had lost them everything.

How would they ever forgive him? How could he ever forgive himself?

He cried until he had no tears left in his body. Then he got up, brushed his shirt off, and walked into his sisters room like nothing had happened.

He would make sure she knew that she was loved. He would make her come back to him. He would fix what was wrong. He would be her hero after all.