☾ Chapter 11 ☀

Start from the beginning

Markus: "Nice idea Nick, I have a lighter."

Zizel: "Are you all out of your mind? We can't burn Dan on purpose to see what happens."

Nate: "Yes, this is wrong. It's Dan's hand we have to ask him first, Can we Dan?"

Zizel: "Nate!"

Dan: "Are you asking me if I allow you to burn me! Hmmm let me think! How about NO?"

Markus: "But why...?"

Zizel: "Markus!"

Markus: "Okay Okay..."

The bell rang and we had to go to class again. While we were leaving I told Meg that Ella has the list ready and we can go get it. She nodded and just said "okay". It's not like she is avoiding me now she sits with me and talks to me but it's still awkward.

The school day was over and we all gathered up to go at our house for practice. While we were leaving we saw Chuck leaving for the park. He was watching us and we decided not to pay any attention we just passed him like nothing happened. Like he was never almost throw me in the fire.

John wasn't with us because his coach changed the time of their practice and he couldn't be at two places at once. I informed Meg and again the only thing she did was nodding. When we were done with the training grams smiled and said that we are doing much better than she expected and that we are learning fast and this is good. Soon enough we could fight the hunters successfully.

Everyone left and after a bit I and Meg left too, to go get that list. On the way there neither of us spoke, we were walking in silence and the only thing I could hear was my own steps. The library wasn't far from the house but It felt like it took us ages to get there. I had a lot of time to think of what's happening with me. I expected to show some more signs at training today but nothing happened. Nothing at all. I still have no idea what is my spirit animal and I can't wait for the sun to show me I wanted to know now. Suddenly I remembered what we found out about the serum that the ancient Fays used, able to reveal their spirit animal sooner, that could work on me too, right? I know that it's not right, but I honestly cannot wait to find out what I am.

Before we got in I asked Meg if she can distract Ella for a few minutes. She asked why and I told her that I have to check on something. We got in the library and Ella gave us the list, thankfully Meg did as I asked her to do, she was talking to Mrs. Ella while I was searching for the book that we found the last time we were here because I remember that there was a recipe of that serum. After few minutes I found the book and I carefully cut out the page with the recipe. I went back and I smiled at Meg and she realized that I found whatever I was looking for. We thanked Ella and we went out. Meg was looking at the list with the names while I was focused looking through the ingredients for the serum.

Meg: "Look, we were right. Principle Gray has been visiting the library quite often this month. That means that he might be the one giving the informations or something else...but you are clearly not listening to me! DAN!"

Dan: "Huh yes, yes I am listening to you. I agree."

Meg: "Really? You agree that pink looks good on you?"

Dan: "That was what you said?"

Meg: "No, I didn't say that, but I was right you are not listening to me."

And she looked at the page I was holding, oh grate.

Meg: "What do you have there?"

Dan: "Nothing, it's just nothing."