☾ Chapter 11 ☀

While we were going home I kept wondering how I didn't get burned or even felt the burning. It was really weird, even though no one said anything else about what happened, on the way home I saw John starring at my hand and I am sure he was trying to figure out how is this even possible. He didn't even try to be a little discreet and it started to get on my nerves.

Dan: "Could you stop watching my hand!"

John: "Okay, I am sorry. I am just curious."

I couldn't blame him though, I was even more curious that he was. When we got back home I asked my grandparents if they knew anything but they didn't.

The next day when I got downstairs grams was talking on the phone and John told me that she is talking with Ella Carpenter. As soon as she hanged up, she told us that Mrs. Ella has ready that list that we asked for and when we finish our practice today we could go and get it. I was trying to make a PB&J sandwich for breakfast and while I was trying to cut the bread, I cut my hand. Perfect! The last thing that I want right now is to start making another sandwich. It's not that I am bored... well yeah I am really bored. I asked John if he can bring me a Band-Aid. "Why what happened?" he asked. I told him that I cut myself. He took a look at my hand and said "Don't be such a drama queen, you have nothing, not even a little scar". I looked at my hand and he was right. There was nothing, I took the napkin which I wiped my hand and there was blood. But my hand was unharmed. I really don't know what's wrong with me these days. I ate the new sandwich I made and left for school. But while I was walking, I remembered. How John started running faster than the usual when he started to showing his abilities and how Meg was waking up every morning in black feathers before she figured her spirit animal. Oh my God! Is this what is happening? Am I starting to show abilities? This is might be the best day of my life. Relax Dan. First you have to think what your spirit animal might be. Hmm okay I did cut myself today and apparently healed, but that could be any animal and it was that thing yesterday with the fire. Holy Shit! I am DRAGON! Like a really big dragon who can throw fire and fly. I have to try. Okay Dan! Focus and try to speed fire. I spat with all my strength but there was no fire. And instead of spiting at the ground, I accidently spat at John's head. Oh oh he looked angry "What the hell is wrong with you Dan?" I didn't mean it but I couldn't stop myself from bursting into laughter, although I was sure that John will punch me. The only thing that I said it was that I was sorry and it was an accident. I couldn't tell him that I think my spirit animal might be a dragon and I was trying to throw fire. He would have made fun of me until the day I die and honestly I would have made fun of me too. Thankfully he didn't punch me or slap me or hurt me in any way, he just said something like I don't have any brain inside my head and that I have mental problems.

We got to school late, the bell had already rung and we had to run to get to class. Class was boring as hell and all day nothing happened. We were all sitting at the cafeteria for lunch and everyone kept looking at my arm. Even if it was annoying I was trying to act cool but c'mon.

Dan: "Seriously people stop!"

Scarlet: "But, it's strange."

Dan: "I know that, there is nothing that I can do though."

Allie: "You know there is a way..."

Nick: "Are you thinking what am I thinking?"

Allie: "Of course I am thinking what you are thinking, we share the same thoughts, idiot."

Britt: "Okay guys what are you thinking?"

Nick: "Well, you know, we can recreate last night's events in a smaller case and see if it happens again."