Chapter 29

"You're not hiding in the damn closet!" I scolded at Michael as I shook my finger at him. My mom was coming home in the next hour and he was obviously a bit timid to face her since last time he was her was when he had sneaked into my room and was sleeping in bed with me.

"She's probably going to yell at me!" He shouted back, closing the door to the spare closet we had downstairs.

"Kim is a nice lady, she won't yell at you!" He looked at me with a blank stare, obviously not agreeing with my statement. I rolled my eyes and pushed him into my living room. "You're a 17 year old boy, she's more scared of you than you are of her." I lowered my tone and patted his shoulder.

After two showers and a quick clothing change between the both of us, we talked about a few little things and Michael had decided, upon his request, that he would be driving me to the airport tomorrow instead of myself. I didn't really have a choice, he basically forced me into it, but I didn't really see any harm to it so I agreed.

I was happy I gave into Michael, I really was. I felt like everything was back to normal, but then I'd snap back out of it every so often when I realized I was leaving in the next couple of hours. I'd said all of my goodbyes to my friends and visited all the places I'd wanted to before I left. My things were packed up and I had a home to go to, so technically I was ready to leave. Physically I was, but not mentally. My heart would always be in this town with the people I adored and in just a few months I could restore it all. I hadn't even moved yet and I was already counting down the days.

We decided on doing the cheesy thing of sitting by my fireplace on a rainy night with hot chocolate and blankets galore. All we could do was talk, the power kept flickering on and off every now and then so we gave up on a movie to watch.

I classified myself as a boring person in all honesty. But when I talked to really anyone, I had these dumb stories of my adventures I had this summer. The adventures I would be telling my kids and husband years from now. Well, according to Michael, I wouldn't have to tell the stories to my husband as he would be the person that was involved in the endless memories of my 17 year old self.

I don't care how 'bad boy' Michael made himself seem. Maybe his hair changed every other week and had pierced ears and partied a little too hard and could never keep his raunchy language on the down low, but in reality he was just a little kid that loved to cuddle up to any breathing person and enjoyed talking about how he pictured his life in 10 years.

We were now on the topic of actually living together, more of a joke as anything. It was just something silly to picture with him. I could still look at him and say 'That's Michael Clifford, he's my best friend.' which was something I was beyond grateful for. He wasn't just a lover, but my actual friend, someone I could count on and rely on. Whether or not Michael was actually going to go through with his silly plan he made, I knew that this bond was something meant to last, lovers or not.

"We have to own at least three pugs." Michael demanded in a childish manner. His head was rested in my lap, looking up at me the whole time. His tall frame was wrapped in my favorite pink fleece blanket which matched his hair that was already fading. I lightly smile at him, imaging the idea of three over-sized pugs running around a home with Michael and I.

"What about huskies?" I suggested, combing my fingers through his hair. "They're so big and so fluffy and so lovable." My voice squeaked faintly, obviously getting excited over the idea. I was absolutely in love with any type of animal, but was heartbroken when I was told that I could never have a furry pet since my mom was allergic to basically any animal hair. Real childhood crusher.

"What about both?" He chuckled at the thought, curling his knees to his chest.

"Oh my God." I mumbled as my eyes widened. "Could you imagine? I would probably never leave the house I'd just be so overwhelmed all the time." I confessed. He smiled at my enthusiasm and let me continue rambling on about a few more things which was really pointless to be honest.