"Can I take you home now?" I reluctantly nodded my head as he got up and lead me out of the office and into the now dark salon. Everyone was gone, including Miss Belle.

We walked out and Aiden locked up the building before setting the alarm from his phone.

Getting into the car, we took the familiar route to my place. It took no time before we made it and were upstairs. I unlocked the door and I was thankful for the the cool air that greeted me.

Aiden closed the door after crossing the threshold and watched my every move as I put my bag away. Turning around I quirked my eyebrow up at him.

"What?"

He just shook his head and walked over, stopping in front of me. He reached my face and swiped away a stray hair.

He dug into his pocket and pulled out the necklace that he'd given me a couple weeks ago. "I want you to take this."

"I don't thi-"

He cut me off. "That wasn't a question."

I huffed as he got behind me and quickly clasped the little charm around my neck.

His scent and the heat emitting from his body made me break out in goosebumps. He was making it really hard for me not to melt into him.

Strolling away from him, I cleared my throat. "What time is dinner?"

"Seven. So, I'll pick up at about... five."

I shook my head. "That won't be necessary."

His face scrunched, but he didn't press the issue any further since he wasn't completely in my good graces.

"Well, goodnight."

Leaning in to kiss me, I turned my head and his lips landed on my cheek. Pulling back, he nodded in understanding, though he was clearly disappointed.

"Goodnight, Love."

I woke up early the next morning to run a few errands. On the list of things to do were to go grocery shopping, pay a few bills, treat myself to a mani/pedi because lord knows I needed it, and if I had any time to spare, quite possibly go look at cars.

Getting up, I made my way to the bathroom and brushed my teeth before hopping into the shower quickly. After getting out and drying off, I put lotion all over my body before putting on a pair of jean shorts, a pink and gold adidas t-shirt, a simple pair of sandals with a hint of gold in them. I then took my phone off of the charger and grabbed my purse off of the kitchen table, making sure everything I needed was inside before walking out and getting a start to my day.

Sitting at the bus stop, I pulled out my phone and paid my bills electronically. Like clockwork, the bus pulled up and I rode the distance to the nail salon.

When I entered, the smell of acetone burned my nostrils. Thankfully, not many people were in there this early and I was assisted right away.

Sitting in the massage chair was exactly what I needed and I took full advantage of it. As the man worked on my feet I got lost in my own racing thoughts.

How was tonight going to go? Would I even want to talk to him once I saw him? Will this all blow up in my face?

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the vibration of my phone, I had a text from Aiden.

Aiden: Good morning baby.

Devyn: Morning.

Aiden: You busy?