Chapter 6

- Kylee's POV -

Last night was almost an all nighter. We decorated, wrapped presents, put everything in order, and made sure that this day would be unforgettable for Ashlynn. She's apart of the family-type bond that we all have, and it's important for us to make her to feel welcome. 

Everyone agreed that I will wait in Ashlynn's room until she wakes up, while all the others hide in the basement with the lights out to surprise her. I'd walk her through the hints, for many obvious reasons. First, she's young; she wouldn't be able to catch on to what's going on, and she may not even know it's her birthday. Second, even if she did catch on to the clues, she might not know where to go next if she doesn't understand one. Third and final, she might not even be able to read, we really don't know.

Anyways, it is currently 10:33 am and I am sitting next to Ashlynn's bed waiting for her to wake up. I all of a sudden hear a slight inhale and rolling, so I instantly text to the group chat, "the bird is awakened!" Yes, we made up code phrases to text so everyone knows when Ashlynn is awake, out of bed, etc. for today. 

"Good morning Auntie Kylee. Do you know what day it is?" Ash asked innocently, with a slight hint in her voice. Little did she know our secret surprise for her that's awaiting in the basement. 

"I sure do! Happy birthday munchkin!" I said, giving her a big hug.

"How did you know tha- WAIT! Are you magical? Are you my fairy godmother Auntie Kylee?" She asked excitedly.

"I'm not your fairy godmother, but I'm magical, so I figured it out." I replied. She giggled and hugged me before asking,

"Where is daddy? And Uncle Zachy, and everyone else?" 

I told her, "They have a busy day today so it's just me and you. But, I can make you some birthday pancakes if you want!" I said, obviously not being serious. But, Ash didn't know that. As soon as we start to walk downstairs to 'make the pancakes,' she see will the piece of paper hanging on her door, which is the first clue. 

"Yes let's go!!!" She said, instantly running to the door then pausing.

"What is this?" Ash asked, scratching her head jokingly.

"Want me to read it to you?" I asked, then she nodded her head soon after.

"Okay, it says:

Good morning Ashlynn! Today we decided that we will send you on a fun scavenger hunt with a prize at the end! Go with Aunt Kylee, who is reading this to you, to the next stop! Your clue is: this is the place where there's lots of foods to pick from, and usually smells good from cooking!"

"Is that the food room? The ki, ki, kit..?" She asked confused, as she couldn't remember what it's called.

"The kitchen?" I replied.

"YES! LET'S GO!" She said, before quickly running to the kitchen in search of the next clue.