Getting Things Sorted Out

One month after the whole epic winter fiasco, Ever After High finally managed to return to normal. Well... almost normal. People were starting to notice the blossoming romance between Daring Charming and Rosabella Beauty. The slight change in Daring's attitude, being more willing to help, and even acting shy around Rosabella.

While Rosabella was leaving the library with a pile a books in her hands, she tried heading up the stairs even though her books were somewhat obstructing her view, she tripped on of the steps.

She braced herself for the mess the books were sure to make when she suddenly felt two strong arms grab onto her forearms keeping the books from falling. She heard a very charming (pun intended) voice ask, "Ro-Rosabella? Are you alright?"

Rosabella raised her head and saw two blue eyes staring down at her, "Oh! Hey Daring!" Before she could say anything, Daring let go of her arms and took the books from her. Rosabella blinked for a moment, feeling a bit flustered before she stuttered, "Th-thank you D-Daring"

"It's not a problem at all" Daring said flashing his 1000-watt smile. Even though his hands were full, he offered his arm so she could walk with him. Rosabella smiled and took his arm. Both felt their own faces heat up but neither said anything.

It wasn't until they were nearing her dorm when Daring spoke up, "So... Rosabella. I was wondering if, that is to say if you possibly had any plans this weekend"

Rosabella thought for a moment, "Just catching up on some personal reading... why do you ask?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to meet up somewhere and... read together" Daring replied with a very nervous tone in his voice.

She raised an eyebrow, "But I thought you didn't like reading." She gave a slight giggle saying, "After all, it doesn't have a mirrored surface"

Daring chuckled a bit, "I don't dislike reading but it does take time away from my mirror time"

They both started to laugh until Rosabella stopped laughing and she was smiling ear to ear as she opened her dorm door and took the books from his hands. "Yes."

It was Daring's turn to raise an eyebrow but in confusion, "Yes... what?"

Rosabella started to back up into her dorm but not before she answered with, "I would like to..." She gave a small smile, "Read together, you can pick the time and the place" and with that she set the books down on the table next to the door and leaned against the doorway.

Daring suddenly felt his face heat up as he cleared his throat, "H-how about tonight at around 6:30?" Rosabella gave a quick nod which made Daring smile as he continued, "And we could meet-"

"Right here." A voice came from behind the semi-closed door. The door completely opened up to reveal Daring's sister, Darling who was smirking at the two blushing messes. "Rosabella, do you mind if I talk to my brother for a moment?"

When Rosabella found her voice, she nodded and said, "Of course" She picked up her books from the table, "I have to organize these anyway"

When Rosabella finally went into the room completely, Darling stepped out of the doorway and quietly closed the door behind and asked, "Okay Daring, what is going on?"

Daring scratched the back of his neck saying, "I kind of... really like Rosabella and I just wanted to be able to spend more time with her"

"Really?" Darling asked both surprised and unsurprised, "You do know books don't have a mirrored surface, right?"

Daring rolled his eyes at his younger sister, "You know looking at mirrors isn't all I do"

Darling raised an eyebrow, "Yes it is."

"Well it isn't anymore" Daring mumbled, "There's someone else I'd rather look at now"

Darling looked at her big brother with a smile on her face, he was finally living up to their father's name. All of a sudden, she frowned slightly, "What about Apple?"

Daring looked confused, "What about Apple?"

"Did you ever really..." Darling tried to find the right words for such a sensitive subject, "You know, end things with her... officially?"

Daring's eyes widened, "No... Not... Officially..."

Darling rolled her eyes, "Maybe that's something you should get over with before tonight? So that rumors can't be spread." Daring nodded and raced off to find Apple, leaving Darling to sigh and shake her head at her brother's slight naivety.

As Daring reached Apple's dorm, his mind was racing with what he should say, as he was about to knock on the door, it opened revealing Raven who was dressed like she was going out. Surprised, she asked, "Oh, hey Daring. What are you doing here?"

He scratched the back of his neck again saying, "I need to um... talk to Apple"

Raven's eyes widen as she realized what he meant by 'talk' to Apple, "Oh, okay. Just hang on a minute" She called Apple saying that there was someone at the door and before she left, she said, "Please go easy on her"

Before she could walk away, Daring said, "Hey, Raven. On that subject..." Raven raised an eyebrow as if telling him to be wary of what he would say, "Um... just... please don't hurt my brother"

Raven gave a soft smile, "Wouldn't dream of it" and with that, she walked away.

Daring turned his head back and saw Apple heading up to the door. She came to the door and gave Daring an awkward smile, "Hello Daring, is something you needed?"

"We, ah... we need to talk" Daring said.

Apple looked down for a moment but lifted her head back up, "Do you want to come in?"

Daring shook his head, "I really need to tell you this here"

"Alright" Apple said.

"Well, you know I turned into a beast a while back?" Daring asked and Apple nodded in response as Daring continued, "Well, not only did being a beast change me a bit but it made me realize that maybe our destinies are not meant to... you know... intertwine because-"

"You're in love with Rosabella" Apple stated deadpan. Daring scratched his neck as his face turned red. Apple's face broke out into a smile and hugged him. As she pulled back from the hug, she noticed Daring had very confused look on his face so she spoke up, "I'm so happy for you"

"Thank you Apple" Daring said, "I hope that one day you'll feel about someone the way I do about Rosabella"

Apple waved him off saying, "Go get your Happily Ever After!" and with that Daring left to get ready to see his princess.