___________________________________________________________________

"I told you mom thousand times already," Nandini yelled at her mother, "I have no interest in attending your charity event. Besides I have to take Daadu to hospital."

"Keep your voice down, young lady. Your behavior recently have been nothing less than of hellion," said her mother.

Nandini sighed deeply and turned around after doing her hair in a messy bun. Plastering a utterly phony smile on her face, she said, "Dear mom, How many time I have to tell you that I am not very happy attending your charity events." she completed her sentence in utterly sugary tone and picked up her bag.

Nandini's mother shook her head in disbelief and stormed out of room.

"Daadu"

Nandini came downstairs calling out her grandpa.

"Why aren't you gone to academy today?" her grandpa asked as he walked out.

"Because it's your check up day," she told while kissing his cheek.

"No, I am not going for any checkup," he declared in his ever so authoritative tone.

"You cannot mess with it. You remember, you had promised me if I take my training seriously; you would take your health serious," she reminded.

"Alright. Alright. You and your mother always keep telling me things I don't want to do," he said and walked towards main door mumbling something under his breath.

Nandini smiled and collected his medical file from his room. 

_______________________________________________________________________

"So, tell me something about academy? Is it still the same as I left it," Daadu asked at driving Nandini.

"It is even boring," she uttered without paying much care.

"Nandini," Daadu warned her as she seemed to be okay with what she had said.

"I mean..it is same. What new it could produce?" she rectified and mumbled under her breath, "except for some more arrogant idiots."

"Aaahhh! I so miss being there," he exclaimed.

Nandini smiled seeing his wide smile.

"So, did you trouble Singh as I cannot imagine you doing something without fireworks," he asked raising his brow.

"Well..." she took a pause and looked at her grandpa with a mischief.

"You can tell me, daughter of devil," he said, "as my genes are responsible , not you."

Nandini laughed out loud.

"What is daughter of devil now? You just called dad devil," she said dramatically.

"No, I said myself father of devil," she said and both chuckled.

After a minute or two, he again asked, "blurt it out."

"Who is the poor soul whom you are troubling?" he added.

Nandini smiled a bit looking at road ahead and then uttered, "A certain Malhotra."

"A Malhotra! Hmmm, interesting," Daadu smirked.

"He is my trainer and a cadet at academy. Singh uncle likes him a little too much," she further told.

"So, you have made him cry or it is in progress?" he asked to which Nandini tittered. 

"He is one stiff-neck. A total khadoos," she muttered pulling the engine.