(File 1: Two times the Trouble) #4: The worst predicament

Start from the beginning

The only thing I remembered was slicing my replica in half but suddenly blacking out. Maybe I still haven't restored my energy.

'Mai! Mai wake up!' I mind-linked her one more time but why was there a wall in her thoughts?!? And stronger than her usual ones! Shit!!

I'll try Naru. . I thought to myself and instantly tried to have connection outside.

'Naru. Naru can you hear me?!?' I shouted at him hoping to contact him.

'Gene? Gene is that you?'

'Yeah it's me Naru. Listen. . Mai's in danger, well both of us are. But listen. Mai's bleeding and I can't get to her because we are both chained up. I can't mind link her because the walls around her head are too strong. And she's losing energy because of it.'

'What do I do? Do I take her hands off you? She's bleeding! Hara-san get bandages, Matsuzaki-san get a towel NOW!' I froze. Mai's bleeding in the real world? The dream became reality?? This is worse than I thought.

'No don't take her hands off me. She might never get back to the real world if you take her away in the state she's in just keep her hands on me. Just keep it there or else she'll die brother' I told him and I knew it affected him. In a way.

'She can't die! I won't let that happen!' I suddenly heard a scream in the background of his head.

'Shit! Gene I'll mind link you later! A bunch of bloodied students are attacking you and Mai. We'll stop them. Try to think of a way to save her. Please Gene' I heard his voice crack a bit. But just a bit. So he really did care for her. Little brother maybe after this case, you'll realize how much she means to you.

'Don't worry you can count on me' and I cut the link. I just hope they're all right. Masako. . please be all right. .

NARU'S POV

Shit! Shit! This isn't what I envisioned this spirit to be. It's a repulsive one which means it wants something. . Or someone. Shit! They want Mai! or even Gene for that matter!

"In God was the word and the word was God" I heard John chant while Matsuzaki-san and Hara-san were by Gene and Mai's side.

"On baishiramantaya sowaka"

"On ishanaya intaraya sowaka."

"On jiterashi itara jibaratanō sowaka"

"On hayabaishiramantaya sowaka."

"On nōmaku sanmanda basaradan kan."

"On aganaya in maya sowaka"

"On irotahi chanoga jiba tai sowaka."

"On chirichi iba rotaya sowaka."

"On a ra ba sha nō sowaka!!!"

Bou-san put a protective barrier by the door of the clinic and stabbed his tokkosho (A/N Is a knife like tool which uses psychic energy to create barriers and such) on the door pane.

"That should hold them off for awhile. ." he said while panting. He lost more energy than ever. The number of students outside were slamming the barrier but they couldn't break it. These students were on the list of people who had doppelgangers. What the heck how are we suppose to exorcize this kind of spirit. It was repulsive and I can't just stand here doing nothing.

"Gene!" I suddenly heard Hara-san shout and I looked around to see my brother getting cuts all over his body. What the heck was happening inside their dream. He suddenly coughed up blood and I felt the pain as well.

"Ugh!" I grunted as I slumped to the floor clutching my abdominal area.

"Naru!" Koujo walked over to me supporting me while I stand up.

'Gene, Gene! Answer me!!' I mind linked Gene and all I could were pants and grunts.

'A little busy here brother. Mai's safe but they want to kill her. And in a not so good way. They want to kill her so that her ganger will replace her. The ganger's true form is of a small child. Conjoined twins. . They're both dead and they want revenge because their mother shunned them away and buried them alive. . Mai's talking with it right now Calming it down I just hope it works. She's Mai after all' I suddenly got angry and slammed my fist on the wall. Wait . . Why am I getting angry? Was it because Mai's been targeted by spirits again? Or because of Gene's tone of voice when he mentioned Mai's name? I don't know!

'Naru. . Are you okay?' a sweet voice suddenly asked me and my knees had gone weak and I sat on the floor.

'Mai. . Thank God you're awake. .'

A few moments of silence from her. What was she doing?!?

''Mai? Mai!'

Still Silence. . .

What the heck?!?

Mai! Answer Me!

#######################################