Malon I10I Part 3

Start from the beginning

I let out a sigh and looked away. "If Zelda were in the car, she'd kick you out."

Confusion hit him over the head, and his arms fell limp to his sides. "Oh... Why?" he asked.

I tried making no contact at all by focusing on the road. "She wouldn't like your feet on the car like that..."

He sighed roughly, and he placed his feet back down onto the ground. "Fine...!" he scoffed.

...

...

...

Thirty minutes had passed, and we were already farther away from the city. There were no lights, not a single one. The only light there was came from the car. Speaking of cars, there weren't many cars that passed by either. There was just an oak copse of trees that shadowed over the one road.

As we kept going along the road, we escaped the towering trees, and made it to a small, grassy meadow. Since it was dark out we couldn't see much; however, there were some small thickets of trees, and I also saw some pretty, yellow flowers. However, I didn't really pay much attention to the scenery around us. I had to keep my eye on the road.

As we went farther into the grassland, we began to get closer to a hill that wasn't too high up or steep. On top of the hill was a house.

"Are we almost—"

I cut Dark's sentence short. "That's Malon's house." I said with a nod.

Dark paused as he nodded up to stare. "She lives here?" he said.

"Yeah," I replied.

...

We drove upland until we entered through a wooden arch with some white flowers tangled around it, entering into a gravel cul-de-sac.

The cul-de-sac was all fenced up all around connecting to the one big arch. These fences were simple, wooden ones with lights on almost each post. The height of the fence that wrapped around the cul-de-sac wasn't too tall, nor too small, but one would be able to climb over them for sure.

I pulled up into the cul-de-sac near a red pickup truck near the entrance of the house. The red pickup truck was parked by a fenced up enormous tree in the middle of the cul-de-sac. The tree was so enormous its branches shadowed over the whole entire cul-de-sac.

I looked to my left, and gazed over towards the entrance. The gravel on the ground poured into the entrance making a pathway to the beige-painted steps to the front door. As for the rest of the house, it was a beige-colored, two-story house with arrays of different colored flowers planted out in front of it. It was a nice looking place! I almost forgotten how it looked after all these years.

I pulled the keys out of the ignition, and opened my side door, getting out of the car. I glanced over towards the porch, and saw Malon through her blinds. Our eyes both made contact with each other, and she quickly ran out the door.

"Link!" She said with excitement as she flung the door open.

I smiled slightly and greeted her back.

She slipped some shoes on that were paired up on her porch, and jumped down the two steps, leaping up to me. She smiled genuinely as she nodded up to me. Then, she shook her head, looking both ways, "Where's Dark?" she asked.

"Uhm..." I turned around and looked where Dark was sitting before; he wasn't there. "Dark?"

"I'm right here... gosh..."

I turned to my right, and saw Dark with the basket of kittens. He looked completely exhausted and dead inside. Next to Dark, Malon stood there petting the kittens. She already had metaphorical hearts over her eyes for the kittens. She wouldn't stop repeating they're so cute over and over. She was so adorable.