Part 8: The Epilogue

Last part sadly. I hope you guys have enjoyed reading this story as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Love you guys!

Once again, image belongs to rydi1689 on DeviantART.

One Year Later

Bonnie's POV

"DAD! WAKE UP!"

Mark rolled over in his bed, rubbing at his eyes. "Bon? What the heck?" I grabbed his hand as best as I could with my tiny paws, trying to pull him from the sheets. "You have got to see what Chica did in the kitchen!" That got him moving, rushing out into the hallway. "Chica, what did I say about cooking without an adult?!"

"Sorry, Daddy!" My 'sister' came out of the kitchen, holding a burnt disk that made the smoke detector scream. My 'brothers', Freddy and Foxy, who were in the living room watching TV, winced and covered their ears. Mark reached up and turned it off, before going into the kitchen to shut off the oven and take the burnt pizza from Chica.

"You need to ask before you do," he scolded, and Chica sniffled. "I'm sorry Daddy, I didn't mean to..." Mark sighed as he threw the pizza away. "Come here, baby girl," he said, and she ran over to hug him. He then looked up at me. "Where's Nate?"

"He went to work," I said. Mark just nodded when I told him, and picking up Chica, said, "Let's go watch TV, okay? If you be good, we'll make cupcakes after dinner."

"Yeah!" Chica cheered as he carried her away.

After the pizzeria got shut down, our 'other dad' Nate got a job full time in a recording studio. He writes music and he sings it for lots of people on the internet. They all loved it, but he was also popular because he shared the story of our pizzeria. Other singers like him were writing songs about us, and a man named Scott Cawthon was making a game about us! It's called "Five Nights at Freddy's", which made me kinda jealous, but now I don't care.

There's still a lot I don't understand about Mark and Nate (who I call by their first names in my head so I don't get them confused). I'm glad they took us in and are taking care of us, but they confuse me sometimes.

One of those things was how Mark would eat two little white pellets he called 'pills' every morning. When I asked him why, he just said, "They help me. Don't worry about it Bon." After that, I tried to eat one like he always did, but they didn't help me. I got sick, and in trouble.

Another thing that I didn't understand was how Mark and Nate said we couldn't get a dog, no matter how much Chica and I begged and Freddy tried to explain that it was a good idea. And even though they said that, once or twice a week, I'd hear growls and pants in their bedroom at night. The door is always locked when I try to go in however, so I haven't seen if they're hiding a doggie in there yet.

Other than that and some confusions with how we worked, Mark and Nate were good dads and they loved us a lot. Nate taught us things that we would've learned going to school, but we had to stay in the house.

Mark made yummy food and read to us every night before bed. And sometimes he even sings to us. My favorite song he sang was 'Balloons' cause it sounds pretty.

I followed them into the living room and jumped onto the couch, sitting on Mark's lap as we watched TV. Freddy had the remote, so we were watching something 'educational', which was a fancy word for smart and boring. Dad's phone kept going off, but it's been doing that for a while now. Now that he's a video maker on a website called YouTube, he has a lot of fans who watch them, and they are always sending him messages.

Mark turned off his phone after checking a text message from Nate. "He'll be home soon." Foxy saw that we were in the room and ran over, trying to sit on Mark's lap too. He chuckled and lifted the pirate up. "Freddy, why don't we watch something fun?"

"Like?" My brown bear brother walked across the room, holding the remote in both hands. Mark tapped his chin before saying, "If you promise not to tell your dad, I'll let you watch something PG." We promised, and we settled down to watch and wait for our other dad to come home. And, I was reminded of that song from earlier:

"Just like Balloons

We soar on our own

Finally free from the pain of our home."

That song was right; none of us liked that old restaurant. Everyone thought we were bad guys, especially Foxy. But, after we were rescued, I felt better. We all do. We feel safe and loved here. If we really were a bunch of balloons, then Nate and Mark were the ones who let go of our strings. And that made me love them even more.