[1]

Caged

Eiza González as Circa.

Blackness surrounded Circa making it impossible to see. It's always been like that, every second of everyday since she had been captured. Just darkness.

Sometimes Circa thought she would see things moving in the dark, but she knew it was just her mind playing tricks on her. A figment of her imagination.

Circa curled up in corner of her magic proof cell as she shook, she didn't have much clothes on, nothing but a pair of black shorts, white sports bra, and a beige shirt that was outlined in orange. That is what they gave her when she was captured and she has gotten nothing new since.

The people never really cared about the well being of prisoners. They could kill them and nobody would care, it would just be another bad person gone in the world.

The echo of screaming, laughing, and crying could be heard throughout the prison. It was a daily sound that she was consumed by. Sometimes Circa felt like they purposely made the prisoners hear and feel each others pain, just to make them a little more insane.

Circa groaned as she found it hard to fall asleep as the screams kept her awake. She was tempted to yell back at them to shut up but she kept herself contained.

Circa twisted her faded blue hair into a tight bun as she removed herself from the dark corner. She allowed her fingers to gently brush against the stone sides as she walked around her cell trying to get some form of exercise. She found herself softly humming a small tune to herself that her mother figure use to sing to her when she was little.

Circa was known as an extremely lethal Prisoner. Where more than four guards were posted outside her door every half hour and where they were constantly checking on her to make sure she didn't escape. She was in there for many reasons. Killing the innocent, robbing the poor. They just didn't seem to understand that someone who had been living as long as her, a good conscious and the feeling of guilt just eventually wither away with time. She's been through wars, and rebellions, she's seen what damage humans cause, so killing them doesn't bother her. They were just parasites living on something that doesn't want them, they just damage the host, earth.

Circa slowly felt herself sway to the sound of her voice. Singing was an easy way to entertain herself because unlike others she was given nothing but food on paper and a paper cup of water.

"With the star so bright" Circa swore she heard her mother softly sing. Finishing off the song, Circa swirled around and was met with the soft face of her mom.

Her moms red hair was in its natural curls with two braids along each side. Her green eyes seem to be glowing through the pitch black which made Circa smile. Her mothers green eyes is one of the things that Circa missed the most. She had a smile on her thin, pink lips and a laugh escaped from circas mouth. Her mom took a step forward making her red dress swirl at her feet.

When Circa was young her biological mother died giving birth. So her mother's best friend took Circa under her wing and took care of her, she was her true mom.

"Mamma?" Circa asked through her tears. She went to touch her mom but her hand went right through her than she disappeared.

A string of laughter erupted through Circa as she realized she realized her mom was nothing but her imagination. That's what the darkness does to her. It makes her see things that aren't really there.

Long time ago Circa thrived among the mortals. She was like a goddess! A goddess that everyone would turn to for help. But as she grew older and as decades passed her powers started to have limits.

It started during World War One and a young boy was dying. He was caught in the middle of a gun fight. Circa used her magic to save him. Since he was on the verge of death it had taken a lot of energy which made her weak. The little bit ended up telling everyone of her magic. A similar situation happened years before that and that ended up with the village running after her to burn her at the stake. So Circa left the town as quick as possible.

The cells temperature began to drop making Circa shiver. Her bottom lip quivered a bit making her her start doing jumping jacks. Anything that could possibly warm her up she tried to do.

Circa pulled her hair out of the bun and pulled it into a high ponytail.

After an hour or two of doing jumping jacks to warm her up she eventually gave up and sat up in the corner of her cell once again.

Her chest heaved up and down quickly from doing the jumping jacks. Her eyes began too feel heavier by the second which pulled her into a slumber filled with nightmares.

It was a long time ago where she revealed her magic to a young boy in her village. It was the dark ages, anybody suspected of being a witch would be burned at the stake. But all Circa was trying to do was protecting a young boy from their village.

But in fear he ran off to his parents. Later on that night Circa was met by a big riot of the villagers wanting to burn her at the stake. But she was saved by a boy named Nathaniel that she was very fond of. That was the memory that played in her dreams constantly. Over and over again. A dream haunting her by showing her the face she would never be able to see ever again.

//

Meanwhile Amanda Sat at a small café sipping her drink. Spreading out the files among the men in front of her.

She had big plans for the special prisoners that they had captured.

"The last one was a hard one to catch. Her name is Circa. She wouldn't give us a last name. She is nowhere in our database, we couldn't find any information on her. She may seem sweet but she is anything but that. She is a vicious thing. She's killed many innocent lives. We don't know how long she has been alive but we do know she is powerful and thy we need her!" Amanda said. She began collecting all of her papers together and put them in her bag.

"How did she get caught?" One of the men asked.

"Batman"

Amanda got up from the table. She gave the men a stiff nod before leaving the men at the Café.