Coloured!

Info on my new species!

General: They all find a gem or feather when they are young, this colour matches their eyes

General:
They all find a gem or feather when they are young, this colour matches their eyes.
Their eyes are always colours that wouldn't appear naturally on a dragon.
Birds are viewed as sacred creatures to them, and the king and queen keep one as a pet. 

Tattoos
Tattoos on the dragons body indicate their rank (blocky tattoos = guard or hunter)
The more tattoos a dragon has, the higher the rank/ the older they are.
They gain tattoos throughout childhood, and their very first tattoo, is a tattoo of their stone (or feather)
They never tattoo their wings (unless they are an outlaw)

Royality:
Kings and queens have all of their body parts tattooed (all limbs)
Royalty often find feathers if they are destined to rule, as feathers are a sign of great importance.
Royalty often wear headdresses durning special occasions.
The royal council has two limbs tattooed, while commoners often only have on limb tattooed.

Variation:
Variation in the species include:
Three toned mane (rare)
Curly horns (common)
Black colouring (extremely rare)
Unable to find a stone (very rare)
Earthy coloured eyes (rare)
Non feathered wings (this has only happened once in their entire history)

Stone/feather:
finding their stone or feather is on of the things most dragonets strive for. (Most find it between the ages of 12-18 [human years])
The stone is of great significance, as it allows the dragon to unlock its breath, (fire, ice, electricity ect. (Note that fire is the most common, shadow is unbelievably rare)

Gender differences:

Males have a tuft of hair beneath their chin.
Females often have more slender bodies (males have more muscular)
Females has sharper eyes, while males can often hear better.

More info soon to come! How do you think they are shaping up as a species?

Last chance to put in a name for the species, (i will decide the winner tomorrow) remember, the winner gets a free one (custom design)