"Seeing the truth inside"

A/N: I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while. Been distracted again and again. At least now I have finally made an chapter. Also the drawing up there, I have made it myself. What do you think? ^^ and I know I am probably rushing this, I mean it won't happen yet, but just like you guys, I'm impatient XD. Hope you enjoy.

They ran through, jumping onto every rooftop having the run together. This felt unusual for Jones for he was use to his angry turtle friend, not the brainy one who is his rival. But this was his invitation to see if the two could at least start over. He only hoped it would work out.
So did Donnie.
He never imagine himself running with Casey by his side, and actually having fun. He normally had more fun with his brothers. Still, he had the confusion running through his mind about those dreams of his growing more and more stranger by the minute he slept. Perhaps he has been sleeping too late thanks to his needing of creating retro-mutagen. Maybe fresh air will clear his mind.
As a ninja and was grown into years of being one, Donatello was pretty fast considering how turtles are usually very slow. As for a hockey player who had no ice to skate on, Casey was having a bit trouble keeping up. That was what made Donnie saw how far the human was. He couldn't help it but grow a smile when he saw that look on Casey's face.
"Having a hard time keeping up?" He said as he continued to run ahead of Casey.
Casey panted at each step he took, but didn't give up so quickly. "Even though I do this a lot with Raph, you're quick Donnie."
"Well when you're the one with the brains, you're in second place of being the fastest. Mikey takes the prize."
"That's true. He's pretty wicked fast." He did not wish to stop himself, but Casey felt he could no longer run. It was not only the fact Donnie could run so fast, but it was as well to see he was more in running energy than his brother was. He panted at each step again, and eventually began to slow down letting sweating burn his skin in relief.
Donnie eventually headed the panting of exhaustion, and stopped to spot the human on his knees, trying to catch his breath. Maybe he went too fast this time. So then, he jumped off the rooftop he was above of Casey, and walked to him giving the human a hand to help stand on his weak legs. "You alright Jones?" He asked as he helped Casey stand a little more.
Casey tried his best to keep his head lifted up to face the turtle and tried to make the goofiest smile he could give. But he felt himself want to fall, so he then wrapped his left arm around Donnie's neck, panting lesser each time. "Oh... Sure.." He answered, breathing in and out. "I guess I'm not use for running much longer."
Donnie gave a small smile, making the human feel a bit better. But then he grew a blush upon his green cheeks when he felt Casey's arm pull the turtle a little closer. Sure it was probably just a way to keep himself standing a little until he felt better. But Donnie just felt strange, again! This made no sense. What if this feeling? Why does it keep coming back?
Once Casey felt himself recover from his heart beat racing and losing little of air to hold in, he began to finally stand on his own, letting go of the turtle at last. "Thanks D." He said shaking his head as he took off his equipment on his hoodie.
Donnie watched the human began to loosen his hockey sticks. Once he had remove them, he bend down to put them in a certain way. Most players for sports like their things in a certain way after all. Donnie blushed even more when he saw the jeans of Casey's bottom bending down to face him a little. He felt his heart race at the sight, and his stomach began to make him feel numb and wonderful. Even his blushing cheeks became the heat radiation of sweat to come the turtle's forehead. Luckily that sweat had vanished from the wind that blew against the two males, though it was a bit chilly. Cold even.
The turtle shiver and held his arms together. "Well seems to be a cool night, huh Jones?" He said, trying to make it seem he was acting strange.
"Oh totally." Casey said as he finally stood up facing the gap tooth turtle. "The weather man did say it would be a bit chilly tonight. Feels great."
That was one thing Donnie knows best about Jones, is that he is always willingly to accept whatever the universe has offered, other than lame arguments or signs of death whenever he put himself in danger.
Just then, the human tilted his head up to spot a perfect spot. A spot to take a seat. It had caught the turtle's attention as well, as he quickly figured out Casey's idea. "Hey, that's a perfect view to sit at." Then he walked towards the edge of the building, not letting the he turtle speak a word.
Well he didn't exactly say really anything before, but with Casey walking away, Donnie didn't completely liked that. Even if it was by an accident. But he decided to let it go and join him.
As he sat down next the Casey, he was viewing the city of New York, no blocks of any sort. The buildings grew brightly on a beautiful form of light, the fake night sky glimmered when new cosmos came upon to join the others, and the moon only shined bright from a far distance. Not only that, seeing the citizens of New York seemed pretty amazing to Donnie. They looked so calm and peaceful as they roam the streets, or drive, taking their children home. It was great to see no one was a mutant, or injured.
What a wonderful night.
Donnie chuckled. "I assume you do this with Raph as well. Stalk the people of New York?"
Casey laughed at the joke from Donatello and said, "Very funny dude. We're like protectors, we gotta watch the city."
"Like crazy guys about to pop out and attack?"
Casey then grew a face, kinda annoyed with the funny sarcastic Donnie who was making silly jokes of these two being scary kidnappers instead of heroes. Donnie only found that face of Jones to be hilarious. "Alright, I'll stop." He said as Casey finally gave in laughing with him.
They were lucky to see no human had heard their laughter. Though Donnie's was stopped from the chill in the wind again. Casey stopped when he noticed the turtle was freezing, holding his arms together as it was his only blanket. "Oh dude," he said, "are you freezing?"
"N-No." Donnie lied in his shivers. "I-I'm just not use to th-this wind. T-Turtles are known to be reptiles which are cold-blooded vertebrate that are dis-"
"Dude." Casey stopped him from going any further. "I like it sometimes when you get smart and all, but you can really go to far. Just say you are."
Donnie hated sometimes to be interrupted. If people didn't want a big explanation, why did they ask for one? But he did admit to himself, he does go too far depending on the definition or information he had planted into his mind. Though he didn't understand why it was Casey's concern if this turtle was cold or not. Sure they're trying to start over, but why start like this?
But he could tell Casey wasn't gonna move on unless he admitted the normal way. He sighed, and said, "Okay, I am a bit cold, but I'll make it through. I mean, it could be worse."
Then the wind had pick up an even bigger freeze, it was hitting the two males very hard, mostly at the turtle. Donnie held himself even closer to keep warm, but nothing was working. He kept shivering, chattering his poor gap tooth together with a sad, yet annoying sound.
Pretty obviously he was freezing. So then came the unspeakable.
Donnie had his eyes closed the whole time, holding himself to become a warmer turtle. Eventually the heat came, but it wasn't from his arms. Something was wrapped on his shell, mostly around his neck. He lifted his eyelids immediately to find a hoodie laying upon him, giving him small warmth behind him. He was about to ask Casey where it came from, but once he took a look at the human, he saw he was no longer wearing his own hoodie, only his long sleeve shirt.
That's when Donnie noticed he was received Casey's jacket. "Oh, oh you didn't have to do that Jones." He said trying to sound as polite, and calm from the sudden kindness. "You're gonna freeze."
"Actually dude," Casey said. "When you got a shirt like I do, I'm pretty much warmed up a lot. Plus, you need it more than I do."
Donnie felt his heart race again, and this time, it felt the melting was becoming stronger from that look in Casey's brown eyes. How could they possibly get along so well? What was it to grow these emotions towards the human? What made him become so... so...
Donnie grew another blush of pink, and looked away shyly, saying, "Thank you."
With that, he put on the hoodie, trying his best not to rip it as he tucked his upper body in it. He was able to put the hood upon his olive green head, and his arm didn't get covered, but they were no longer cold. He felt relieved from the warm feeling of Casey's jacket. It was amazing.
Donnie assumed he was the only one to notice the strange sudden behavior or kindness appear to the two. But no longer when Casey asked, "Okay, why is it when Red isn't here, we get along so well? What the heck gives?"
Donnie chuckled and said returning to his reality, "I don't know honestly. Nothing but this rival nonsense probably needed some place. Maybe we just needed to be alone or something."
Then grew the awkward silence between the two boys. This wasn't too odd for Donnie for he was secretly admiring the warmth from the hoodie. It was odd mostly for Casey. Normally Raph and him would have non-stop conversations until the night was over, same with everyone else. Tonight, it seemed to be as if the universe is saying, 'Don't say anything stupid'. Why did he feel a bit awkward around Donnie?
So deciding to try and find a way to ignore it, he asked, "So Donnie, what is it exactly what you like so much about Red?"
Donnie looked up at Jones, realizing he was still there. That jacket really had him in heaven. He shook his head and then said, "Oh.. Well, I guess you can say it was because of beauty. Sure appearance isn't everything. When I first met her, I just fell for her. Growing to know her was what got me going. She is stubborn at times.."
"No lie there." Casey agreed with a smile.
".. And she does intend to rush herself to be better at things, not only that, likes to talk back. But it shows me how she is a good human being, with a good heart. Any guy would be lucky to have her."
"Yeah, any guy."
Donnie then turned his attention to the human with a smile, and asked, "So how about you Jones? What do you find so attractive towards April O'Neil?"
"Well," Casey let his grin grow wide as he also let a brow go up. "where should I start? Perhaps fun, unlike most girls, very stubborn like you said, and..."
Donnie awaited for his next response. He wasn't too sure of this, but he felt a bit of jealously come back. It was because of Casey complimenting April. No lie she was indeed a wonderful girl. But the fact it wasn't Casey talking about... the turtles instead...
"I uh..." Casey tried to think through his mind of this, but it was completely blank. He felt his realization of April. "I don't know actually. She's just... really fun."
Donnie let out another chuckle and said, "Maybe that's all Casey Jones cares for."
"Oh no. I mean, I hope to one day settle to be a hero to the one I love. I just... I don't know when that person will come. I mean, I'm not even a hundred percent sure if I really want April, and who knows? Maybe she would want you instead Donnie. You've known her longer than I do, and a better friend... now that I think about it."
It was true. Donnie did known April a little longer than the other human did, but there isn't a possibility, right? Donnie then tried to image himself with April and for Casey to be alone until that one person came. But the strange thing was, it that Donnie didn't see him with April in his mind. It was as if they're not meant to be. There was someone else he wanted that he kept seeing. A boy, human, with a gap tooth bigger than his own.
He shook his head, trying to make sure that didn't come back for another few years. But then the turtle turned his head to Casey, only to find him looking down above them with disappointment. Something must have made this human feel he'll never find that one person, because of who he truly is. He's not a bad person at all. He's actually really nice and goofy, especially in Donnie's point.
He needed to tell him that.
"Well Jones." He said. "I'm no fortune teller, but even I don't know if I'll end up with April as well. Perhaps she'll choose you, because why not? Sure you're intimidating sometimes, very stubborn to believe in your point of view instead, and not to mention over confident.."
Casey looked at the turtle with a look of ignorance. Clearly this wasn't helping until the last words caught the human's heart.
"But I do know you are loyal Jones. You are always willingly to help anyone in the need of a hero, and honestly, who doesn't love a bad boy? That someone will come for you eventually, and even if it isn't April, or it is, you'll be in good arms Jones."
Casey felt his heart began to feel warm. This whole time it felt to be frozen and not in the best of smiles. Now he feels important again. With his father being similar close to him, he didn't really feel so lucky. Sometimes he felt he should listen to his younger sister more often, but now it seems he should listen to Donnie now.
He grew a very cute smile to the turtle, almost to look like the face of a child and said, "Thanks D. It means a lot to hear that."
"Of course Jones. What are friends for?"
Seemed the two had a lot more of loyalty to each other instead of the rival hate they had carried.
The whole night, the two had looked out into the city for almost an hour talking about times in the sewers or in school. It was hard to believe, even for them, to laugh and have a blast. It lasted for a while until Jones had a call from his father and demanded to go home. Once Donnie had given the hoodie back, he still felt the wonderful warm feeling, and missed it once the human was gone.
Donnie began to repeat what he just told Jones, and began to feel his heart warmth when he thought of not seeing him with April. He somehow began to image him with the hockey player hanging out all the time, being more to be pals. Like they were meant to be friends.
Then the thought of kissing have him his answer:
Mikey was right. He was in love with Casey Jones.

To be continued...