Chapter 1)

((The picture is Emily Maria Smith, Nichole's big sister))

Nichole sat up in bed and yawned stretching her body slowly, she heard her door open and looked up to see her 18 year old sister.

"Shower time Nikki" She ordered pointing her thumb over her shoulder.

"But Emmy! Tomorrow's my-"

"Don't call me that" Emily interrupted.

Nichole rolled her eyes, "Tomorrow is my 15th birthday! I just want to sleep!" She whined.

Emily's slender body pressed against the door frame and her long curly blonde hair fell softly down her back, her arms crossed over her large chest.

"Well tomorrow is a VERY important day. More important than any birthday you'll have." She explained with a gleam in her green eyes.

Nichole groaned, "The 16th birthday is!" She argued.

Emily rolled her eyes. "When you're done with your shower, get dressed in clothes that you can get dirty in and come downstairs. There's something I have to show you."

Nichole sighed and rolled her eyes. "Whatever." She said as she got up and gathered her clothes.

_________________

Nichole walked down the stairs dragging her body tiredly. "What did you want?" She asked.

Emily sat on the couch talking to their father. They both looked up when they heard her voice. "Oh, hey Nikki" Emily said standing up.

Nichole raised an eyebrow and looked at her dad. "Um... what's up? What did you want to show me?" She asked glancing around for a surprise.

Emily rolled her eyes and looked at her dad, "I'm going to show her," She told him.

He shook his head and stood up grabbing his daughter's arm, "No. Not until tomorrow." He said.

Emily ignored her father and yanked her arm out of his sweaty grasp. "Don't tell me what to do."

She turned back to Nichole and started walking to the door. "Come on".

Nichole narrowed her eyes looking at her sister. "Uh... Emmy... You're not going to try to kill me right?" She asked.

Emily rolled her eyes and blushed, "DON'T call me that" She replied, "Of course I won't kill you idiot!"

Nichole blinked and sighed, "Okay I'm coming."

________________

Emily pulled up to a cliff edge, a small smile tugged at her lips, "Here we are!" She announced.

Nichole looked around with a worried look on her face. "I'm sorry for everything I've done to you!" She choked out.

Emily groaned and put the car in park, "I'm not going to kill you!"

Nichole stared at her sister for a while, she nodded after a few minutes.

Emily opened the door and glanced over her shoulder, "Come on" She said grinning.

Nichole took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Remember what I told you when..... mom... died?" Emily asked, her voice cracking.

Nichole looked away from her sister and shook her head.

Emily walked up behind her sister and wrapped her arms around her in a hug.

"I know you do. I may not be the mind reader of the family but I know you remember, it's hard to forget something that bog."

Nichole groaned and spun around, she narrowed her eyes in anger, "I'm not a kid anymore! I know magic isn't real so stop trying to make me believe you!" She snorted angrily.

Emily rolled her eyes and stared at her sister with knowing eyes, "Oh, but you're about to change your mind. Pick anything you want me to be and I can be it" She said with confidence.

Nichole sighed, "Fine I'll play along. Um... a dragon" She said after a moment.

Emily grinned and backed up, "I kind of guessed that's what you would pick. It's your favorite thing." She said.

Emily winked at her baby sister, then she closed her eyes and mouthed some words. What happened next, Nichole couldn't believe her eyes.