Chapter Two *Edited

Start from the beginning

“Hey!” the burly guy snapped. “Look at me when I speak to you.”

I did just that. I looked at him up from behind my lashes. His eyes hardened but his mocking smile was still in place when he kicked a pile of my ramen on the floor. Looking at the mess before me it didn't take long for the idea of homicide to begin trickling into my thoughts.

“What the fuck are you doing?” he said with venom

I shrugged lowering my gaze. “Shopping.”

He kicked my other ramen pile with his air Jordan clad monster feet with a sneer. “Yeah I can see that. But why are you in town? Can’t you see that you don’t belong here? Little wood freaks aren’t welcome down here.”

“I needed food, alright? So back the fuck off.” I hissed, glaring at him.

His face looked murderous. My face probably mirrored his. He came down and grabbed my arm roughly before he yanked me up until only one of my feet were touching the ground. He was tall so he had to hold me up so we were eye to eye. My gaze didn’t waver. Fuck him.

“You’re barking up the wrong tree, Bitch.” He spat.

“Newman, just let her go, dude.” The brown-eyed blonde said from over Newman’s shoulder. “She doesn’t know, alright.”

“Shut up, Ethan.” Newman snapped. “Bitch needs to learn her place.”

“Dude, this is getting boring.” The brunette with blue eyes yawned. “Can’t we go down to the Dairy Queen and hit on girl’s or something? She’s barely worth the effort.”

Newman smiled a cruel smile before flinging me down onto the hard linoleum floor. I felt something crack in my wrist as I landed but It didn't seem very serious. Real women only cried in the shower or in the rain. I wasn’t going to give them that satisfaction of seeing me cry. No way in hell would I do that. They didn’t deserve it.

“See around, Bitch.” Newman threw over his shoulder as he began walking back down the aisle. The Aryan looking one and the other brunette followed him. The blonde with the brown eyes did too before seeming to forget something. He jogged back to me as the other three left. Wasn’t his name Ethan or something?

I flinched as he came to halt by my ramen-covered mess. I really looked at him then. He was handsome. I noted a Broad chest and shoulders, messy slightly curly blonde hair that brushed his eyebrows in length, A wide yet pouty mouth. Yeah, I could say he was handsome in a puppy dog kind of way. Nothing gorgeous but not something not to drool over. He kind of reminded me of something from a high school movie about jocks.

“Hey, are you alright?” he asked kneeling on one knee before me.

I nodded but I was suspicious.

“I’m not going to hurt you okay? So just calm down.” He sighed, “Newman is a dick, I know that. He just doesn’t get the whole human decency thing.”