Chapter 1

"Sirius! Wake up!" Lyra said, jumping up and down on her brother's bed. He groaned and covered his face with his pillows.

"Go away Ly" He whined, trying to go back to sleep.

"Oh so you don't want to go to Hogwarts? You're just going to leave James, Remus and Peter alone all year?" She asked, smirking. As soon as he heard this, he sat up immediately.

"It's the 1st of September today!" He said happily, standing up.

"Of course it is. I wouldn't wake you up at 9 if it wasn't. Now, go get ready and I'll meet you downstairs in 30 minutes. Ok?"  She asked, standing up as well and walking towards the door. He nodded and she walked out and to her room.

She brushed her long reddish brownish hair and pulled it to a ponytail. She then put on jeans and a white t-shirt, She put on her shoes, grabbed her trunk and walked down, ready to start her 3rd year at Hogwarts.

"Lyra! Sirius! Won't you hurry up? I don't want Regulus to be late. You have 5 more minutes. Then we'll leave. With or without you" Lyra heard her mum yell, as she walked down the stairs, meeting Sirius in the middle of them.

"Coming mother!" They both yelled simultaneously.

Lyra chuckled slightly and continued her way down the stairs with Sirius by her side. As soon as they arrived, their father grabbed their hand and they appararted to Kings Cross. Lyra held on tightly to her luggage and her father's hand, not wanting to splinch herself accidentally. As soon as they arrived, his father left to find their mother and Regulus, not even saying goodbye.

"Well bye then" Sirius muttered, scowling. Lyra smiled slightly. This was the only thing that bothered her about being sorted into Gryffindor house two years ago. Her family treated her like scum. She felt Sirius take her hand and smiled. At least she could always rely on her brother.

"Let's go?" He asked and she nodded. Together, they made their way to the platform and onto the train, where they found their friends, James, Remus and Peter already in a compartment. They joined them.

"How was your Summer?" James asked Sirius and Lyra. All of them knew about their prejudiced parents.

"Fine..." Sirius and Lyra responded together again, making Lyra giggle. "Yours?"

"Amazing!" James said. "Me and my parents visited my aunt and uncle who live all the way in Romania. They train dragons there you see. I got to see all kinds of dragons. From a Chinese Fireball to a Norwegian Ridgeback. It was awesome!"

Whilst all the boys were busy asking James about dragons, Lyra looked at Remus and noticed that he had more scars and cuts then last year. Unfortunately, she was caught staring as her eyes met Remus' green ones. She blushed brightly and looked at her hands.

"You ok Ly?" Sirius asked her, looking down at his sister. ]

"Fine... Just tired" 

"Then sleep" He tells her. She nods, leaning against the window and closing her eyes. After a few minutes, she felt herself drift into sleep.