"I sent four men out to where Kate was rumored to have been seen. None of them came back. Lets see if you can do better." Araya replied causing the boy to roll his eyes. "You could've just told me she was alive." he told her, Araya shook her head lightly. "You wouldn't have believed me."

"Now I know what kind of Alpha you are. And where your next step lies." she added. "What next step?" Scott asked raising his thick eyebrows.

"When you take the bite of an innocent, when you make a wolf of your own, when you do that, I will cross the border and come knocking on your door." the huntress threatened. The woman left with the other two hunters as Scott made his way to the pack, who we're leaning against the jeep.

"So what now?" Stiles asked. "She thinks she knows where we can find Derek." Scott announced as Maya's face lit up like a Christmas tree. "She gonna tell us where?" Malia questioned.

"Uh, actually, she's giving us a guide." He replied as a motorcycle appeared from a distance, stopping once it reached where the pack was. The woman took off her helmet as Scott glanced at her, "You know her?" Stiles asked his best friend, slightly suspicious of the woman. Maya glanced at her, she was beautiful, around Derek's age so than meant one thing to Maya, she was competiton.

"Braeden." Scott responded shortly. "Who's Braeden?" Malia asked, only to have Lydia replied, "She's a mercenary."

"Oh." Maya muttered, remembering the woman who had saved Derek and Isaac, but that didn't mean she wasn't competition. "Right now, I'm the only one who's going to take you to La Iglesia." she explained.

"The Church?" The younger Stilinski blurted out, while everyone looked at her confused but Braeden only smiled at her. "What's The Church?" Stiles asked furrowing his eyebrows at his sister statement.

"It's not the place you'll find God."

Maya sat in the back seat beside the window in her brothers jeep glancing out the window staring at the environment that never seem to change

Maya sat in the back seat beside the window in her brothers jeep glancing out the window staring at the environment that never seem to change. Malia glanced at the girl, remembering how she got upset when they mentioned Kate Argent, but her curiosity got the best of her. "Okay, I'll ask. Who's Kate Argent?" she noticed Maya stiffen but she couldn't help but feel like she was missing out on something important.

"Uh, I'd like to know too." Kira spoke nervously. "Well, we were at her funeral. So, I'd like to know how she got out of a casket that was buried six feet underground." Stiles said, the sarcasm never leaving his voice. "She was never in it." Scott said leaning his head on the window.

"She was Allison's aunt. And a total sociopath." Lydia responded pulling Maya close to her, softly running her back, Maya was broken, and she knew it.

"You don't have to talk about it, if you don't want to." Kira said, knowing how sensitive the topic was. "Yes, he does." Malia said in a bitchy tone. "Yeah, she's right. You guys should know. You need to know." Scott replied, as Lydia signed in annoyance.

"All right. Kate was the one who set the fire that killed most of Derek's family." Stiles explained lightly pressing the gas pedal.  "Some of them survived, like Cora, and Peter." Scott added.

"A very angry Peter." Lydia mumbled. "Yeah, he's the one who but and turned me." Scott said, as Maya recalled the night that her brother had dragged them into the woods.

"And the one who finally caught up to Kate and killed her." Lydia added as Maya shifted and sat up straight. "And we saw her buried."

"No? We saw a casket, remember? She wasn't in it. The Calaveras heard that Kate had been killed by an Alpha's claws. They wanted to make sure she was really dead. Her body was healing. More and more, as she got closer to a full moon. She was coming back. So they switched the bodies. Of a hunter is bit, they have to take their own life before they change. The Calaveras they treat the code like law. They make it responsibility to enforce it."

"Good for her, I wouldn't do it either." Malia stated bluntly. Scott let out a heavy sigh, even if it wasn't clear, he was tired of her blunt behavior. "Would you kill half a dozen people to get out? Because thats what she did." he asked while she shrugged her shoulders. Maya looked at her through the corner of her eye, Maria could possibly do that.

"So Kate's a werewolf now?" Kira questioned, to Maya, she had way to much curiosity.

"I don't know. You know, theres a saying, sometimes the shape you take reflects the person you are." Scott said, as he went on about what he learned as a werewolf for the past two years.

"What kind of shape is sociopathic bitch?" Lydia asked, sass and sarcasm clear in her voice. "The shape of sociopathic bitch." Maya answered, sarcasm clear in her voice as well.

Suddenly they hit something causing Stiles to turn the wheel and press the break pedel. Braeden who noticed the jeep was no longer following her,  quickly got off her bike and walked over to the teenagers.

"What happened?" she asked. " I don't know. It felt like we hit something."

"Scott, we need to get there by night. It's too dangerous otherwise." Braeden advised, she was sure no one could track them if they arrived at night.

"Go." Stiles ordered Scott. "Not without you." Scott denied glancing at his best friend. Maya looked at them, obviously they we're having on of those gay-bestfriend-moments, by now she was used to them.

Stiles opened his mouth to talk only to be cut off by his sister, "Okay. You're both pretty, but someone needs to find Derbear. So please, for the love of Zac Efron and all things chocolate please go Scotty." she said, keen on saving Derek.

"Okay." he agreed wrapping his arms around the blonde, kissing her on the temple.

"Scott, I can't think of anything else to say except for be careful. And... I know "Be careful" sounds kind of lame and I'm totally sure the second you're gone I'm gonna think of something much better but I-"  Kira ranted wanting wish the boy luck.

"Uh, "Be careful" works for me." he reassured her, before she slowly wrapped her arms him, causing Maya to grin at how cute they we're, though not as cute as Allison and him, they we're still cute.

"Scott the sun's going down." Braeden reminded him, completely ruining the moment.

"I gotta go." Scott said getting onto the motorcycle with Braeden as she watched them drive off.

"Stiles. I don't think we hit something. I think something hit us." Malia spoke pulling out a bone with a claw at the end of it.

uneditedword count; 1516sorry this is badquestion; what do you think of Maya's character?next part coming soon

unedited
word count; 1516
sorry this is bad
question; what do you think of Maya's character?
next part coming soon